Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 221g pink slip

Hello,
    My parents attended their B2 visa interview today at the Chennai consulate. My mother got her visa approved while my dad was given a pink slip after asking more details on his siblings.
    My question is regarding the pink slip format -

The slip has a case number and a note indicating it might take up to 12 weeks for administrative processing. It does not indicate any request for documents to be submitted. The other 221g pink slips I have seen on various forums seem to include a list of documents to be submitted.

1. Does this mean my dad does not have to submit any documents or it is possible for the consulate to request further documentation via email or otherwise?

2. Any similar experiences and expected timeline for such processing?

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by krisprasad; 04-24-2012, 04:41 AM.

Your dad does not need to send anything . If they wanted something they could have asked him there and then.

Timeline varies from case to case but it is going to be a few weeks at least.

For other's benefit;
    Could you please post, somewhat speifically what was in your dad's interview that they might have given him 221g.

thanks

Comment

L1B approved after 2 weeks Admin processing

Hi,
      My case is similar. I got a pink slip without any additional docs requirement. My interview was on Apr 11 and I got the visa stamped today. So.. it may take couple of weeks to get the visa for your dad.

Thanks,
      Ravi

Comment

221G - B2 - Pink slip

My mother and father attended visa interview today in chennai consulate , Visa was given to my mother , but for my dad a pink slip 221 -G is given. Also they asked my dad to give the sibling details.

Does any one experienced this before , kindly help!!!

Comment

221G - B2 - Pink slip

Hello Kris sir..

My mother and father also encountered the same case as yours. How long they took to give the visa to your dad ? Kindly help!!!

Thanks!!

Comment

The reason as I figure for additional processing in my dad's case was his reply to a question regarding his work (now retired). My dad used a layman's term for his designation as against a more formal one he had in the DS - 160. The VO stopped questioning my dad right after he gave the answer to the designation question. Its been over a week now and I haven't seen any updates.

Comment

Update: My dad's visa was granted and the passport arrived about 10 days later. The visa was issued in a week's time (Apr 30) after the interview (Apr 24).

A very resourceful forum this is.
              Thanks a lot.

Comment

got pink slip and pending process

My mom had visitor visa interview on 3-may -2012 and got pink slip.where we can check the status of visa and how many days it will to get the visa.they had her passport . please help me , how exactly we can go further..

Comment

You can check the status of your case here - http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/221g-...rocessing.html

There is a Case Status Report pdf link on the right hand side of the page. You need to look up the batch ID against the one on your pink slip. For action on your part, you need to check the status and respond with any documents if the status is "SEND INFORMATION" or just wait if the status is "PENDING PROCESS". There is no definitive timeline for this processing. It may be a few days to several weeks.

Comment

pending process

thank you for your kind information.If status says pending process and what we have to do? we have to wait or we can contact them via email or by call or we need to send any information.The same pink slip we got just like your parents.Do u have any idea how many days it will take ..since my moms passport with them,otherwise no worries.they asked about moms siblings,mom
                    (pushpa)and her sister(laxmi) r having same name means my moms name changed after marriage as laxmi but her sister retained her name as laxmi after the marriage .will this make any problem ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X