X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biometrics Trouble

N-400
    Applying through marriage to a US Citizen
    Had my biometrics appointment last week. The technician tried very hard but for some reason the system kept rejecting fingerprints for 2 of my left hand fingers.

The technician said he tried everything and now its upto the folks after him who will take a look at these prints. If they are not satisfied i might have to go back for biometric appointment.

Sucks!! Questions i have are:

1) Did anybody else have the same problem? If so did you guys have to go back?
    2) To the experts on immihelp do you know what happens even if the second time the same thing happens - what happens then?

Btw my fingers are normal and i did not have any cuts or bruises on the fingers on the day of biometric or now (touchwood). Thanks for your help in this regards.

It is quite common that sometimes fingerprints do not show up well enough and they call you in the 2nd time. If that also does not work out, then they ask for a police report.

You can check if your fingerprints are good or not with FBI. I am quoting user petertherock77:

"Call FBI CJIS at 304-625-5590 -Option#2, Option 2 & option 9 to check on the status of your fingerprints submitted electronically for Immigration. You will be asked for your Alien registration number and to confirm some identifying info before they will release the status."

Best of luck!

--

Comment

Thanks!! You guys are awesome.

Comment

Update

Couple of days back i recieved email from USCIS that they have added my application number in line for interview. So in other words fingerprints were accepted.

Thank God!! Now getting ready for interview.

Good Luck to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by belair View Post
          Update

Couple of days back i recieved email from USCIS that they have added my application number in line for interview. So in other words fingerprints were accepted.

Thank God!! Now getting ready for interview.

Good Luck to everyone.
          Glad that it worked out. You are one step closer to citizenship now. Best of luck during the rest of the journey.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X