Naturalization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalization

Hi.... I have question in the N-400 form there is a question about voting..I have registered and did vote and I just found out that it is illegal for a greencard holder to vote and registered..My question is Am I in a big trouble?Anybody have the same experience as me?Please advise what should I do..Thank you...

Originally posted by Kokey View Post
    Hi.... I have question in the N-400 form there is a question about voting..I have registered and did vote and I just found out that it is illegal for a greencard holder to vote and registered..My question is Am I in a big trouble?Anybody have the same experience as me?Please advise what should I do..Thank you...
    Registering and voting is only for US citizens. It's against the law and a very big offense if you do register and vote although you are not eligible and it is ground for your N400 to be denied.

Did you register at the DMV by accident?

At this stage, I would not file for N400 and consult a lawyer.

--
    Last edited by nwctzn; 04-25-2012, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Yes I was ask by the DMV when I went to get my Liscense.That was an accident at that time because I did not know....but the big problem is I did vote..How can I explain why I vote..I did ask a letter from the voting registration people explaining that it was an accident that its not my fault..Is that be enough? Thanks for the suggestion I appreciate it..

Comment

Yes I was ask by the DMV when I went to get my Liscense.That was an accident at that time because I did not know....but the big problem is I did vote..How can I explain why I vote..I did ask a letter from the voting registration people explaining that it was an accident that its not my fault..Is that be enough? Thanks for the suggestion I appreciate it..
        It looks like you can explain why you were registered but as you said, you also voted and that is tough to explain. I would consult an immigration lawyer about this who has experience with a prior client in a similar position as you are now.

Comment

Thanks a lot...At this time I'm worried I might get deported hopefully not...

Comment

Thanks a lot...At this time I'm worried I might get deported hopefully not...
            Talk to a lawyer about this.

Comment

Naturalization

Hello..
              Just want to check what happen to your case ? Have you applied for N-400?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X