delays in VSC processing I129F/K1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrobartdotcom View Post
    I literally JUST pulled our 129F approval notice from the mailbox last night and I cannot begin to tell you how happy I was to see it FINALLY appear after so many months of waiting. Ours was processed through Vermont. The estimated wait on their website is 6 months. just before we hit the 6 month mark, I contacted my Congresswoman's office, Sen. Barbara Mikulski via fax and had them contact immigration on our behalf to inquire of the status of our application (USCIS website wouldn't allow me to inquire directly because our application was still within the waiting period of 6 months--seems they WILL allow a Senator's office to inquire though. (BIG TIP THERE, you guys!)

Anyway, Sen. Mikulski's office got back to me in less than 24 hours with a response--and it was that they simply had not gotten to our application yet. I contacted them in early February. At that time, they were reviewing applications submitted in July. Ours was submitted on August 20, 2012--so I was advised to give it another month or so--and that was about accurate.

So what I can tell you is that right now, they're probably reviewing applications from August/September 2012. Wait time is about 6.5-7 months for K-1 Visa petitions. If you've been waiting beyond that time frame, you (or your fiance) should contact your Senator or House Rep's office. They WILL get you an answer (so many people DON'T use them when they really can.)

Hope that's helpful!
    Congrats!

Comment

Csc

Can anyone tell me if they have got a NOA2 recently from the CSC? I am confused since the USCIS website says two different things for processing times. 5.5 months under the case status & the table for the CSC says the last processed application was done on July 18, 2012, 8 month wait. What is correct?

Comment

Originally posted by DAck View Post
        Can anyone tell me if they have got a NOA2 recently from the CSC? I am confused since the USCIS website says two different things for processing times. 5.5 months under the case status & the table for the CSC says the last processed application was done on July 18, 2012, 8 month wait. What is correct?

im a july 17.2012 CSC flier and NOA1 is dated July 20th.2012 and until now so signs of N O A 2 !!!!!

Comment

Looks like VCS is now showing a 5 month processing time! Per the USCIS website, anything 1-5 months will show as a 5 month processing time. I have noticed per IGORS list over on Visa Journey's website, there are several October filers receiving their NOA2. So there is hope for us VCS folks, Being a November filer, I am hoping for at the latest a mid May NOA2 and that would be completely amazing, but I am not going to get my hopes up, as the process seems broked.

I believe for CSC, it is still showing at like 7.9 months to receive the NOA2. Lets hope this speeds up for you guys!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X