Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eligible for EB2 or EB3?

Hi,

I have done my Diploma in mechanical Engineering (3 years) in Karnataka, India, As per the norms of the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) in Karnataka, Diploma holders are eligible for lateral entry to the third semester Engineering Course. I have completed by bachelors in Mechanical Engineering ( 3 Years). I am in US from past 3 years and have 5 Plus years of experience prior to my current employer. Want to know if i am eligible for EB2 category?

10+2(Intermediate/PUC)+4 (Engineering) =16 Years of Education
    10+3 (Diploma) + 3 (Engineering) =16 Years of Education

Thanks,
    Raghav

Lateral Entry

The eligibility for EB2 clearly states that a continuous 4 year engineering degree is required to be eligible for EB2 category. However, you are eligible for EB2 since you have completed a 4 year engineering course in 3 years (10 + 3 (Diploma) + 4 (Engineering)). It is not a 3 year engineering degree. It is a 4 year engineering degree that you have completed in 3 years. But the concept of lateral entry is new to USCIS. So the lawyer who is filing your case need to include a lot of documents to prove that it was indeed a 4 year course that was actually completed in 3 years because of the credits that you gained by completing diploma prior to joining engineering.

Get a letter from your college and university (in their letter head) stating the same and attach it while filing the GC (Use the attached template and modify appropriately). Also, ask your lawyer to attach documents that explains later entry. There are cases where people have successfully got their I-140 and I-485 approved with these letters with 10+3+3 education in addition to relevant experience. You can also go for educational evaluation and keep a copy of it ready (Just in case).

Originally posted by velichetiraghav View Post
    Hi,

I have done my Diploma in mechanical Engineering (3 years) in Karnataka, India, As per the norms of the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) in Karnataka, Diploma holders are eligible for lateral entry to the third semester Engineering Course. I have completed by bachelors in Mechanical Engineering ( 3 Years). I am in US from past 3 years and have 5 Plus years of experience prior to my current employer. Want to know if i am eligible for EB2 category?

10+2(Intermediate/PUC)+4 (Engineering) =16 Years of Education
    10+3 (Diploma) + 3 (Engineering) =16 Years of Education

Thanks,
    Raghav
    Attached Files
    Last edited by shervin143; 04-26-2012, 01:53 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you very much. Your help is really appreciate.

Thanks again,
      Raghav

Comment

Dear Raghav,

I did SSLC(10 years) + Diploma in Electrical & Electronics(3 years) + B.E(Electronics & Communication - 3 years) = 16 years.

Did your company file your application in EB-2 and got the I-140 approval? Please share your advise.

Comment

Originally posted by kesavamoorthy88 View Post
          Dear Raghav,

I did SSLC(10 years) + Diploma in Electrical MyKFCExperience & Electronics(3 years) + B.E(Electronics & Communication - 3 years) = 16 years.

Did your company file your application in EB-2 and got the I-140 approval? Please share your advise.
          Effective and interesting post for reading
          Last edited by StylishHedgehog; 02-18-2020, 12:32 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X