Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Submitted I130, I485, I765 do I need to maintain F1 status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submitted I130, I485, I765 do I need to maintain F1 status?

Hi, I am a USC who just submitted all the paper work for my wife who is here on a F1 visa.

Does she need to maintain her F1 status until she receives her GC?
    The vocational school she is currnetly attending have told her that unless she re-enrolls in their program that she would be "out of status" and may risk her stay in the U.S. Is this true?

I'm asking this because her school term ends today and wants to enroll at a different school after receiving her permanet residency status, because her tuition would be much, much cheaper.

thanks

Originally posted by ksuzuki View Post
    Hi, I am a USC who just submitted all the paper work for my wife who is here on a F1 visa.

Does she need to maintain her F1 status until she receives her GC?
    The vocational school she is currnetly attending have told her that unless she re-enrolls in their program that she would be "out of status" and may risk her stay in the U.S. Is this true?

I'm asking this because her school term ends today and wants to enroll at a different school after receiving her permanet residency status, because her tuition would be much, much cheaper.

thanks
    I wouldn't worry about the F-1 status since she entered US legally and now is married to a USC.
    Good Luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X