Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Change of Status to F-1 applicants here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All,

Guess what, I just checked my status and I have also got my approval. My status was approved on May 29. So it took me exactly 2 months and 2 days.

Initial DAte : March 27,
    Approval Date : May 29

I'm so relieved!

Let's keep in touch, if possible, for F-1 status related issues, OPT, H-1 B and so on and we could also provide help to other prospective F-1 change of status applicants.

I guess my F-1 status and related benefits start from May 29?

Comment

Hello All,

Guess what, I just checked my status and I have also got my approval. My status was approved on May 29. So it took me exactly 2 months and 2 days.

Initial DAte : March 27,
      Approval Date : May 29

I'm so relieved!
      Hey! Congrats Nehs! Then apparently we are all good to go! And you are right, an incredible relief...

Your F-1 won't start until 30 days before your classes begin, beware! At least that is the case with H-1 TO F-1 YOU MUST REMAIN EMPLOYED UNTIL 30 DAYS BEFORE CLASSES (Date on your I-20)

Comment

Originally posted by venesat1 View Post
        Hey! Congrats Nehs! Then apparently we are all good to go! And you are right, an incredible relief...

Your F-1 won't start until 30 days before your classes begin, beware! At least that is the case with H-1 TO F-1 YOU MUST REMAIN EMPLOYED UNTIL 30 DAYS BEFORE CLASSES (Date on your I-20)
        Thank You for your wishes.
        My status change was H-4 to F-1, so I'm not sure what happens to my F-1 status. My I-20 date is August 25. So what happens to my classes and tuition before august(I'm taking a summer class) and can I look for assistanships or campus jobs right away?

Comment

My status change was H-4 to F-1, so I'm not sure what happens to my F-1 status. My I-20 date is August 25. So what happens to my classes and tuition before august(I'm taking a summer class) and can I look for assistanships or campus jobs right away?
          If you are currently taking classes on an H-4 Status im not really sure if the change is immediate, my first though would be no, you have to wait until august 25th, since your I-20 says you will start that date and your F1 has been approved based on that... However ! I would seek other advice because im not entirely sure....

Comment

If you are currently taking classes on an H-4 Status im not really sure if the change is immediate, my first though would be no, you have to wait until august 25th, since your I-20 says you will start that date and your F1 has been approved based on that... However ! I would seek other advice because im not entirely sure....
            Yeah, I'm also not sure. although I would want to start looking for assitanships or on-campus jobs ASAP though,. I will have to check with other sources.
            I believe you have 12 more credits to graduate?

Comment

I believe you have 12 more credits to graduate?
              No, i'm actually starting a Masters program...

Comment

No, i'm actually starting a Masters program...
                Oh, I'm sorry. I confused you with the other person I believe
                Good Luck!

Comment

I'm really happy that all of us got approved !!!
                  Be good students now

Comment

Be good students now
                    Haha! Very true! take care !

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_derdale View Post
                      Be good students now
                      lol true
                      Good Luck to all of us.
                      I'm actually starting my third semester in the fall.

Comment

H4 to F1 approved but I-20 is missing

I have applied for H4 to F1 change of status on 28th March and i got approved I 797A notice of action by mail on 29th May from Vermont Service Center, but i am missing my original I-20 while i have received I 797A approval notice of action. Can anybody please let me know that USCIS suppose to send I-20 along with I 797A or they will send I-20 separately. Please someone help me...

Comment

Originally posted by kash9191 View Post
                          I have applied for H4 to F1 change of status on 28th March and i got approved I 797A notice of action by mail on 29th May from Vermont Service Center, but i am missing my original I-20 while i have received I 797A approval notice of action. Can anybody please let me know that USCIS suppose to send I-20 along with I 797A or they will send I-20 separately. Please someone help me...
                          Congragulations on the approval. I only received the I797 notice. I did not even know that we receive a new I-20. what is different in this new I-20? does the I-20 start date change?

Comment

On second thoughts, I think the I-20 is sent to school? We nly receive the i-797A. I will be going to my school on monday and will confirm this and let you know.

Comment

I got my I-20 back together with the approval, it's the same I-20 that I sent and it's stamped and signed by the immigration officer!

Comment

So,what should i do? because my college says that they need old stamped i-20 back in order to generate new i-20. i have already contacted my USCIS CS and they took my request and said to me that they will let me know the status of my missing I-20 after 2 weeks. I need new i-20 asap in order to apply for SSN. Help needed!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X