Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Change of Status to F-1 applicants here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Change of Status to F-1 applicants here?

any one who has filed in the past 1-2 months? We could track our timeslines and be in touch with each other.
    I filed mine at the Vermont Service center and it is a month now. The case is under initial review.

Any other applicants?

Hi there,
    I applied for COS to F1, in the middle of march at Vermont service center . The processing time is 2,5 months so far Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_derdale View Post
      Hi there,
      I applied for COS to F1, in the middle of march at Vermont service center . The processing time is 2,5 months so far Good luck!
      thanks so much for ur reply!
      Yes, the processing time was 2.5 months but it now shows as 3.5 months.
      did you get ur approval yet? I have no updates on my case so far.

Comment

It was 3,5 months a week ago, but since April 30th they have new processing times and it's back to 2,5 months
        I'm still waiting for decision, in should come at the end of this month or the beginning of June.

Comment

Hi
          I applied for COS from H-4 to F-1 on Feb 16, 2012 at Vermont service center. The status shows Initial Review although it is past 2.5 months. I am a bit concerned now.
          Can someone share how long it took for you to get your COS approved at Vermont Service center?
          Thanks

Comment

You have been waiting almost 3 months and should get some update anytime soon. If I was you I would call them on May 16th if there is no answer yet.
            Good luck!

Comment

When I saw the processing time as 3.5 , I was also disappointed. But, thanks to you, for the good news!
              It has been 6 weeks for me now.

Comment

Originally posted by newbieatnc View Post
                Hi
                I applied for COS from H-4 to F-1 on Feb 16, 2012 at Vermont service center. The status shows Initial Review although it is past 2.5 months. I am a bit concerned now.
                Can someone share how long it took for you to get your COS approved at Vermont Service center?
                Thanks
                I think it should be here anytime soon. I believe they are processing Feb applications now. Good Luck

Comment

Have you also applied for a COS to F-1?

Comment

Yes, I came here on B2 visa to prepare for TOEFL and took part time english classes. I said at the airport that I'm planning to apply for school from here and expected to get "Prospective Student" stamp on my I-94, but that didn't happen. Do you think they make notes of that somewhere else in their system?

Comment

I have been waiting since beginning of March... they are delayed though, even if they say 2.5 months (not all cases take equal amount of time) but they are delayed... have you seen any changes to your LUD?

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_derdale View Post
                        Yes, I came here on B2 visa to prepare for TOEFL and took part time english classes. I said at the airport that I'm planning to apply for school from here and expected to get "Prospective Student" stamp on my I-94, but that didn't happen. Do you think they make notes of that somewhere else in their system?
                        then what visa status did you enter on? If you were not marked as prospective student?
                        I'm not sure if they make notes into their system.

Comment

Originally posted by venesat1 View Post
                          I have been waiting since beginning of March... they are delayed though, even if they say 2.5 months (not all cases take equal amount of time) but they are delayed... have you seen any changes to your LUD?
                          I agree with you - cases are processed on some random order. But I believe they are processing beginneing to mid march right now. Good Luck.
                          Let's keep in touch
                          what is LUD? My current case status is "initial review"

Comment

"I agree with you - cases are processed on some random order. But I believe they are processing beginneing to mid march right now. Good Luck.
                            Let's keep in touch
                            what is LUD? My current case status is "initial review""
                            Thanks for the quick response, its actually great they are processing Beginning to Mid March right now.. I was told last week to give them from 15 to 30 more days (I imagine they are lagging a little bit behind as I said earlier)... hopefully ill have an answer soon, and I'll keep you posted!

LUD is last update date.. If you register an account with USCIS (free) you'll have more details on your application, i.e LUD..

Good luck!
                            Last edited by venesat1; 05-21-2012, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by venesat1 View Post
                              Thanks for the quick response, its actually great they are processing Beginning to Mid March right now.. I was told last week to give them from 15 to 30 more days (I imagine they are lagging a little bit behind as I said earlier)... hopefully ill have an answer soon, and I'll keep you posted!

LUD is last update date.. If you register an account with USCIS (free) you'll have more details on your application, i.e LUD..

Good luck!
                              I guess you sent in your application in the beginning of MArch?
                              I did not know about the free updates, I will register - thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X