Mother's Green Card Visa Interview at Mumbai Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's Green Card Visa Interview at Mumbai Consulate

I filed for my Mom's GC and submitted all the required papers to National Visa Center (NVC). NVC then got the Visa Interview date for her (Apr 30). Also, NVC sent a letter explicitly stating that my Mom does not need to take any documents with her (except her original Passport and Medical test results).
    When she showed up for the interview at Mumbai Consulate, the people at the Consulate did not let her in, stating that they do not have any of her documents. Mumbai Consulate people are asking her to fill in DS230 again. I have already filed all the required docs and sent to NVC. I called NVC, NVC said that she does not have to take any documents. NVC asked me to call Mumbai Consulate directly. I will do that this evening.

Now, Mumbai Consulate has given her another interview date, May 10. They are asking her to submit docs to VFS. NVC says no, my Mom does not need to submit any docs to VFS.

Has anyone of you filed or your Mom/Dad's GC and has gone thru the same process?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Praveen

Resubmit the DS-230 if consulate want it. Remember now you case is at consulate in Mumbai, Listen to people at consulate not NVC people. May be they have lost it or it is damaged.

Comment

Thanks dhira_98 for replying.
      What documents should I submit? I have submitted all the original documents to NVC. I have a copy of DS230, should I just submit that?

Regards,
      Praveen

Comment

Yes, Since you have submitted other docs, Just submit the copy of DS-230 with signature of your mother.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X