Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-enter the US with F1-Visa expiring 15 days later

Hi,

I am planning to travel outside the USA and need to be sure about my re-enter in the USA.

Today's date is May 5th 2012.
    My F1 Visa expires on June 26th 2012.
    My I-20 expires on July 24th 2013.

I wish to travel from May 10th 2012 to June 10-13th 2012.

My I-20 was signed by my DSO at School on March 2012.

1) Will i have issues at the US border when coming back ? (10-15 days before expiration)

2) Also, if I wish to do master's degree after my bachelors graduation in December 2012, They won't be willing to "track me". In other words, knowing that I am "almost done" with my first degree, I don't want them to put a date where I should be out of the USA.

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by lovell View Post
    Hi,

I am planning to travel outside the USA and need to be sure about my re-enter in the USA.

Today's date is May 5th 2012.
    My F1 Visa expires on June 26th 2012.
    My I-20 expires on July 24th 2013.

I wish to travel from May 10th 2012 to June 10-13th 2012.

My I-20 was signed by my DSO at School on March 2012.

1) Will i have issues at the US border when coming back ? (10-15 days before expiration)
    No problem at all.
    2) Also, if I wish to do master's degree after my bachelors graduation in December 2012, They won't be willing to "track me". In other words, knowing that I am "almost done" with my first degree, I don't want them to put a date where I should be out of the USA.
    Not clear.
    Thanks for your help.
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your answer.

For 2:

While I haven't done any application yet, I wish to do master's degree after my bachelors graduation in December 2012.
      However, my I20 expires a year from now.

So I dont want the guy at the Port of Entry to think that I should be done in a year, and therefore say "well, I want you out in a year" and set a warning on my case.

Basically I would like to know if the people at the Port of Entry won't be willing to "track me". By knowing that I am almost done with my first degree, I don't want them to say that I should be out of the USA by a specific date or something like this.

Comment

There is no such thing. F1 students are admitted for duration of status meaning, you can stay as long as you maintain full time student status with sponsoring school.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X