Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Married Legally to US Citizen.. help needed

Okay

I am from Canada, My wife is from the USA.. We got married legally in NC... I entered legally... That was 8 years ago... We have since spent time away from one another... months at a time while I was working in canada...

The last few years... well I have been down here with her in the USA... Entered legally stayed beyond 6 months...

I have a passport, birth certificate, and our marriage license... I want to be able to work legally... Which means a tax number which means some sort of adjustment of status.

Is it going to be a problem that I stayed in the USA beyond 6 months? I do not know if I should admit this as there is no way they can prove it... I mean Canadians drive across the border back and forth everyday if they have a passport... So what way would they have of proving how long I have been in the USA?...

Would it be better for me to leave, go back to Canada and file there?

I am assuming because we have been married for 8 years that they will not question the validity of our marriage... But I am worried they will give us a hard time because we waited so long to get an adjustment of status.

Any help is appreciated.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X