(URGENT) Briefly Describe your duties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (URGENT) Briefly Describe your duties

I am a student and doing my full time internship at Pune, India. I work part time as a Consultant with a company which is inviting me to USA to attend a general conference and is paying for my entire trip to US. The conference as such is open and anyone can attend it if he/ she gets a chance to register. But the company is sponsoring very few.

Should I apply for B1 or B2 or B1/B2 (all three options exist in DS-160)?

Please find attached the screenshot of present Occupation section of DS-160. Pl advise what all to fill in there:

I am writing my primary occupation as "Student":

1. What to fill in monthly income? Can this include income from my own/ family business where I am partner? Can it raise concerns as to how I am earning so much (it is a decent amount) while I am not yet employed / still studying.

2. Should I write about my part time job & internship in "Briefly descrive your duties" section? or should only write about my responsibilities as student?

Please let me know asap so that I can go ahead and book my desired interview date. I am already out of time

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by shashank_i; 05-08-2012, 08:15 AM.

The purpose is business (B1) .
    If you can show your consultant status with a good salary as your main occupation , that is a major point in your favour , since income in India is important for most people going on a B1/B2 and also since they are the ones sending you on the trip.

If you just show student as primary , no salary,, it may not work.

Comment

Thanks Peace! But won't it be kind of a lie? My primary occupation here in India is student. Also, what's the third option for B1/B2 in the drop down (apart from B1 only and B2 only)?

Comment

also to clartify my main source of income is not through my consultancy but through my dad's business in which I am a partner. Salary just from Consultancy isn't that great!

Comment

Student
          Part time consultant
          Business partner with dad.

You can't be a great earning partner with your dad if you are also a full time student and a part time consultant.

This is conflicting, and you will just get a denial on this. They quickly deny in any situation that is not crystal clear.

You have to decide on how you wish to present yourself.
          Last edited by peace999; 05-08-2012, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Hi Peace,

Thanks for your reply. What do you recommend? How do I present my case?

If I don't write, what if they ask my IT Papers (where income from my dad's business is quite visible in my IT papers)?

Also, should I fill monthly income at all? (bcoz if I remove income from businness income then my net income is very less: again chances of denial).

Pl advise.

Thanks!
            Shashank

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X