• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1b visa expired i 94 valid

Hi Friends,

My situation is following.

My L1 B is expiring in Sep 2012.
    My i-94 is valid till Aug 2014.
    Since I am on L1 B, my company is having blanket petition which has validity indefinite.

I have following questions.

1. Going through lot of threads I came to know without doing anything I can stays in USA based on valid i-94, is this correct?

2. With expired visa and valid i-94 am I allowed to work or not in US?

3. If with expired visa and valid i-94 i am allowed to stay in USA but not allowed to work then what I have to do for working here.
    Since my company lawyer says you can apply for extension only if you i-94 is expiring in next 6 months.

4. My GC process started in June 2012 so will it affect my GC processing if I will not do anything and stay and work in USA with expired visa and valid i-94?

Originally posted by manishrathore15 View Post
    Hi Friends,

My situation is following.

My L1 B is expiring in Sep 2012.
    My i-94 is valid till Aug 2014.
    Since I am on L1 B, my company is having blanket petition which has validity indefinite.

I have following questions.

1. Going through lot of threads I came to know without doing anything I can stays in USA based on valid i-94, is this correct?

2. With expired visa and valid i-94 am I allowed to work or not in US?

3. If with expired visa and valid i-94 i am allowed to stay in USA but not allowed to work then what I have to do for working here.
    Since my company lawyer says you can apply for extension only if you i-94 is expiring in next 6 months.

4. My GC process started in June 2012 so will it affect my GC processing if I will not do anything and stay and work in USA with expired visa and valid i-94?
    Your company lawyer is right. You can apply for extension only 6 Months or lesser than 6 Months before your I-94 expiry. You can certainly work on valid I-94 even if your visa has expired and it will not affect your GC processing. Only thing you have to be aware is that if you travel outside US After Sep 2012, you cannot re-enter without a new L1/H1 stamping. This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I-129 S is also expiring in sep 2012 along with my visa

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Your company lawyer is right. You can apply for extension only 6 Months or lesser than 6 Months before your I-94 expiry. You can certainly work on valid I-94 even if your visa has expired and it will not affect your GC processing. Only thing you have to be aware is that if you travel outside US After Sep 2012, you cannot re-enter without a new L1/H1 stamping. This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Hi ,
      I forgot to mention that my I-129 S is also expiring in sep 2012 along with my visa.

Since I am on L1 B visa I-129S is my petition.

If my petition is also expiring with my visa, can I work in US based on valid I-94?

-Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X