X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport delay after H1B Visa Interview in Hyderabad Consulate

Hi

I need your inputs on my case.

I went to H1B stamping interview to Hyderabad consulate on 6th Feb 2012 along wife and Kid (Both for H4).

The Interview went fine and the VO said “Your Visa will be issued” though there were some questions from the VO on my earlier visit to US through B1 visa.
    I went to US through B1 for training purpose during 2011.

On 8th Feb 2012, We got the Passport for my wife and kid with H4 stamping but i am yet to receive my passport.

When i checked it in the VFS site it says “Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate.”

I would like to know even if the VO said “Your Visa is issued” during the interview will there be any further processes or rejections that might happen. I did not receive any slips or forms during the interview as well.

Any inputs or comments would be of great help to me.

There are cases where the application has gone into administrative processing after a successful visa interview. However, in your case, it is too early to hit the panic button. Wait patiently a week or two and if you don't receive the passport, talk to the VFS helpdesk, In case your application is put under admin processing, VFS will be able to give you a tracking number to track your case online.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I have almost the same case. I also went for VISA interview (H1B) in New delhi on Feb 6th, 2012. I was not issued any 221g as well and my VISA was approved by the VO. However, its been 10th day today and passport tracker still shows my passport is under process at US embassy/consulate. Did you receive your passport by any chance?

Comment

any update on this?

I just had my VI today, i was approved visa, reading this thread made me feel nervous

Comment

Originally posted by mishrasunny View Post
          I have almost the same case. I also went for VISA interview (H1B) in New delhi on Feb 6th, 2012. I was not issued any 221g as well and my VISA was approved by the VO. However, its been 10th day today and passport tracker still shows my passport is under process at US embassy/consulate. Did you receive your passport by any chance?
          did u get your passport if so after how many days?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X