Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Processing time

Hello Everyone,

I am a US Citizen and I have filed I-130 petition for my wife, who is currently living in India. I am trying to understand the timeline for this entire process. Let me tell describe how far I have gotten into this processing.

1/17/2013, Thursday: I-130 Application sent to USCIS (Chicago)
    1/18/2013, Friday: I-130 Application received by USCIS
    1/23/2013, Wednesday: E-mail notification of file acceptance from USCIS with a receipt number
    1/26/2013, Saturday: I-797 Notify of Action Letter, acceptance notice with a receipt number. It also included all my information(DOB, name, address), and my wife's name and country of birth. All information were correct.

Now that my case has been accepted and routed to USCIS National Benefits Center for processing, Will I get another Notify of Action letter? How long will this take? What will be the approximate timeline before I hear another update from USCIS?

Thank you,
    Manthan

Does anyone have any sort of info on this? Please kindly share. Really appreciate it if someone can share their results who might have gone through similar process.

Thank you,
    Manthan

Comment

I-130 Processing time

Hellow i applied i130 visa to my husband in january 2012 and he already make the interview in lebanon am lebanese i live in united states and am citizen ande in september it was his interview and in november 2012 the embassy sent the letter for him that they will put him under administrative proseccing and till now am still waiting almost 3 months i have been waiting for the processing please help me to know when this processing will be done and i want to kno what is the maximum time waiting for the processing i-130 thank you

Comment

I-130 Processing time

Please inform me back about the maximum time for i-130 administrative processing waiting thank u

Comment

Originally posted by Manthan View Post
          Hello Everyone,

I am a US Citizen and I have filed I-130 petition for my wife, who is currently living in India. I am trying to understand the timeline for this entire process. Let me tell describe how far I have gotten into this processing.

1/17/2013, Thursday: I-130 Application sent to USCIS (Chicago)
          1/18/2013, Friday: I-130 Application received by USCIS
          1/23/2013, Wednesday: E-mail notification of file acceptance from USCIS with a receipt number
          1/26/2013, Saturday: I-797 Notify of Action Letter, acceptance notice with a receipt number. It also included all my information(DOB, name, address), and my wife's name and country of birth. All information were correct.

Now that my case has been accepted and routed to USCIS National Benefits Center for processing, Will I get another Notify of Action letter? How long will this take? What will be the approximate timeline before I hear another update from USCIS?

Thank you,
          Manthan
          I am currently in the same boat as you are.Filled i130(California) for wife who is in india in Nov and waiting for an approval. I have been tracking many cases and see that the average time for 130 is about 80 days.

You will not hear back from them until any RFE or approval. Please have email notification or mobile notification added to USCIS, so that you will know right away if anything is happening with your case.

One of my family member got approval, who had filled i130(California) in OCT. It took about 82 days. Now the case is moved to NVC for further processing.
          once your case is around 70 days, please ask your wife to get her police clearance and not from police station but from passport services online. Also try to gather all required documents like original Marriage certificate, Birth Certificate. You will have to send copies to NVC.

Get familiar with DS260 and Affidavit of support forms. Get your Tax transcript from IRS and have these documents ready so that you don't have to wait.

Hope you get it soon. Please can you add your case to http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/ as well.

Thanks,
          Zodiak
          Last edited by zodiak; 02-07-2013, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by life222 View Post
            Hellow i applied i130 visa to my husband in january 2012 and he already make the interview in lebanon am lebanese i live in united states and am citizen ande in september it was his interview and in november 2012 the embassy sent the letter for him that they will put him under administrative proseccing and till now am still waiting almost 3 months i have been waiting for the processing please help me to know when this processing will be done and i want to kno what is the maximum time waiting for the processing i-130 thank you
            I am not sure how long they will take, but it wont hurt if you hire a good lawyer and have them send out a fax to consulate. get a letter from Congress man or a senator of your state. If you do not act they will delay your case. keep pushing.

Comment

I-130 Processing time

Hi i applied for my husband i130 visa nd iam us citizen he already did the interview after that they put him under ap i have been waiting for administrative processing for 4 months nd half nd i contact the senator of my state he sent the embassy email to know about my husband's case from 1 week we're still waiting for the processe but my question is can anybody help me if they know the maximum time for the process to be complete because am citizen nd i live in the united states i can't live without my husband am really so depressed so mad can somebody please inform me the maximum time for the processe nd the senator's email for the embassy help to push the case more faster thank you

Comment

My wife is green card holder. If she apply for 130 for me, will i be able to stay in US untill i get my green card?

Comment

Originally posted by BartleB View Post
                  My wife is green card holder. If she apply for 130 for me, will i be able to stay in US untill i get my green card?
                  No. You need a visa to stay in the US legally.
                  "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
                  dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
                  S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
                  Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
                  diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
                  Puddy = April 2003
                  hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
                  Imran123 = Aug 2003
                  butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
                  krish_84 = Nov 2004 / zaga14 = Nov 8, 2004

Comment

Folks, I signed up in this forum just to help you all understand what you're going through. I went through the process and the administrative processing. You need to know that Administrative Processing = background check. It could take years, folks. It took me 3 years.

Comment

Hi everyone (Life222) would you please post any new updated regarding your case! My case just like yours also in Lebanon Beirut, I been waiting almost 3 month for my husband case which under AP. Any help would be greatly appropriated!

P.S I read on the embassy website that AP usually takes up to 60 days and some cases will need extensive administrative processing!

Thank you

Comment

Sorry i meant "Appreciated"

Comment

Knowing The Immigant Process

I Knowing About Immigantation Process When Spouce is U.S.Citizen
                          And I filled G-325A Form for my information and Can Any Immigatation Process changed after November?

Comment

Originally posted by life222 View Post
                            Hi i applied for my husband i130 visa nd iam us citizen he already did the interview after that they put him under ap i have been waiting for administrative processing for 4 months nd half nd i contact the senator of my state he sent the embassy email to know about my husband's case from 1 week we're still waiting for the processe but my question is can anybody help me if they know the maximum time for the process to be complete because am citizen nd i live in the united states i can't live without my husband am really so depressed so mad can somebody please inform me the maximum time for the processe nd the senator's email for the embassy help to push the case more faster thank you
                            There is no maximum amount of time they can take. I know people who have had ap for 2 years (it was on a visit visa) I am not trying to scare you but you MUST KEEP ON PUSHING THEM. Contacting yourSenator and congressman is a great way of speeding the process. If you have an attorney ask him to use his AILA Liason and contact the embassy thru netlegal. If you are just going to not do anything, they will take their sweet little time.

Comment

Same here I m a US citizen my husband case is still in admin processing it's been more than 4 months can u tell me if we contact senator they really help u ???

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X