Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H!B visa holder can open own business or Consulting firm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H!B visa holder can open own business or Consulting firm?

Dear Seniors and all H1B holders,
    First let me introduce myself, I am NEW BEE of this forum, I never heard about this forum, I am on H1B since last 1year some months, I moved from UK (UK on student visa). I got job from UK based consulting company here in VAIL Colorado on H1b. I have government project client group of Police department, DMV - RMV department, I am responsible consultant for soft.developement, email servers and IIS server systems even manage team of 10 people. now my consulting company told me to move with other employer because they are closing branch of UK - USA based, they give me 6months notice.
    my friend told me that open your own consulting company and hired yourself, make contract as consultant with above Police - DMV - RMV office (even my director of IT is ready to give me contract if I open company). but my question is H1B holder can open own firm (consulting) and work for own consulting company? if its true then please suggest me the best way to open firm or registration of firm or company just for me (1person).
    I would like to receive valuable information.
    Parag

You cannot start a company and sponsor your own H1B. Read through the below threads.

http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70359
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks, but I know one indian guy here, he open agency on name of his cousin, he transfer h1 and now work for them even they applied for GC too. so, can we do like I open company on name of friend who is US citizen and transfer h1 to that company , sponsor GC and work for him, I will pay tax etc just want to open company on his name and want to stay here in USA only. please suggest me that can we do.

Comment

I suggest you consult an immigration attorney. You can work for any other employer who is eligible to sponsor you an H1B (be it a cousin or whoever). But if it is your company, then you cannot get your own H1B sponsored.

Originally posted by H1BVisaHolder View Post
        Thanks, but I know one indian guy here, he open agency on name of his cousin, he transfer h1 and now work for them even they applied for GC too. so, can we do like I open company on name of friend who is US citizen and transfer h1 to that company , sponsor GC and work for him, I will pay tax etc just want to open company on his name and want to stay here in USA only. please suggest me that can we do.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          I suggest you consult an immigration attorney. You can work for any other employer who is eligible to sponsor you an H1B (be it a cousin or whoever). But if it is your company, then you cannot get your own H1B sponsored.

Thanks Shervin143, my cousin already have one company (small 5people but not consulting, he is advisor of health insurance management systems), he told me he can apply for H1B transfer there will be no problem next week from Tuesday he will start all documentation with his attorney then my job people will give him C2C contract for me.
          Thanks lots, and this forum is very help full for me.

Parag

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X