Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priority Date - Case Rejected need help

Good Afternoon,

I am a permanent resident and I petitioned my two daughters. They live, here in US with me and my wife since 2003. We are from Venezuela.

Recently I petitioned both of them, I sent the following forms, I-130, I-485, I-765, G-325A, I-864 and the doctor forms too.

USCIS rejected the Form I-485 and I-765 with all documents and fees including the affidavits of support.

Does not return the Form I-130 and G-325A.

What I do not understand is the rejected reason the I-797C, I copy/paste part of the response, please read the following:

"This is in reference to the 1-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, you submitted. Your 1-485, fees, and any supporting documentation is being returned to you for the following reason(s):

Based on the information you provided, your priority date does not appear to be current. Please refer to the Visa Bulletin published monthly by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs to determine the availability of immigrant visa numbers in your immigration category. When your priority date is earlier than the correlating cut-off date listed in the current Visa Bulletin, you will then be eligible to submit your 1-485 application.

You may access the State Department Visa Bulletin at the State Department's Website
    Or you may call the Department of State Visa Office at (202) 663-1541 to learn which priority dates are currently being processed.

Please be sure to complete the application fully, submit the appropriate fees, and include all required supporting documentation.

If you have questions about possible immigration benefits and services, filing information, or USCIS forms, please call the USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283. If you are hearing impaired, please call the NCSC TDD at 1-800-767-1833. Please also refer to the USCIS website.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this notice or the status of your case, please contact our customer service number.
    You will be notified separately about any other case you may have filed."

I called to USCIS, but they said that I filled the forms wrong and I need to fill the form again. They do not gave me any other explanation. When I go to the Department of the State site, I do not understand.

Please, can someone could tell me what I should do?
    How can I read the priority date chart and what is that?
    If I can petition again, when do I have to mail the forms.
    Do I have to send all the forma again or just the ones that has been returned.
    Please, I need help.

Thank you in advance, Sebastian Donoso

your case was not rejected, it just that there is a line and you have to wait in line.
    When there are limits on visas the priority date is used to establish your place in line and every month they post the dates that they are processing,
    so basically you are in line. you have to refer to the priority date bullitne for the current date they are working on.
    it looks like if they are unmarried (and stay unmarried it will be 7 years before they get their visa.

Comment

Therefore.......

Originally posted by mai95 View Post
      your case was not rejected, it just that there is a line and you have to wait in line.
      When there are limits on visas the priority date is used to establish your place in line and every month they post the dates that they are processing,
      so basically you are in line. you have to refer to the priority date bullitne for the current date they are working on.
      it looks like if they are unmarried (and stay unmarried it will be 7 years before they get their visa.
      If I understood correctly, I have to check the VISA Bulletin every month until I see a current date. Am I correct? My other questions are.

1) Do I have to send the same forms that has been rejected or Do I need to reprint and resign all the forms?
      2) The documents appears that has been scanned and in the right border of every page appears a line with numbers and letters. Do I need to send new documents copies ?

Thank you

Sebastian Donoso

Comment

Priority Date - Case Rejected need help

You can not send documents for application unless the priority date is current

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X