H1 blue slip from Mumbai with comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 blue slip from Mumbai with comments

on 28th I got 221(g) blue slip from Mumbai.

It asked for additional corporate documents to be submitted at VFS along with passport.

Since they have asked for the passport along with the documents is there any hope to get it stamped earlier ?

The time that will take to resolve a 221g is unpredictable. There are cases where they have retained the passport during the interview and it has taken over 3-4 months to get a decision. There are also cases where the 221g got cleared within 2 weeks.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

My employer told me that they will be submitting the extra documents directly to the consulate. because of the confidential status of the documents asked for. But the VO asked ME to submit the documents at the VFS. So do you think whatever my employer doing is a right thing ?

Comment

Yes. Lot of employer directly submit the documents to the consulate as they are confidential documents. This is not an issue. They will directly courier the documents to VFS.

Originally posted by nosiaj View Post
        My employer told me that they will be submitting the extra documents directly to the consulate. because of the confidential status of the documents asked for. But the VO asked ME to submit the documents at the VFS. So do you think whatever my employer doing is a right thing ?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

My original petition is premium processed. Does this will affect the 221g processing ? My employer says it will be faster in case of premium processing.

Comment

Hii

Today i Had my H1-B intereview at Mumbai consulate and i am a new applicant.They issued me a 221 (g) Blue form stating to provide some extra documents to the VFS.

My Issue is...as i read other cases it seems they take time to process the Visa.But i have my Return tickete back to US on 1st december.Do you think i should inform the consulate or the VFS about this showing them my iternary ?>

Kindly help

Comment

That is sad. what kind of documents they asked, from petitioner or applicant ?

I doubt if they would change their decision seeing a travel itinerary.

anyway pl keep posting with the updates.

Originally posted by bindu155 View Post
              Hii

Today i Had my H1-B intereview at Mumbai consulate and i am a new applicant.They issued me a 221 (g) Blue form stating to provide some extra documents to the VFS.

My Issue is...as i read other cases it seems they take time to process the Visa.But i have my Return tickete back to US on 1st december.Do you think i should inform the consulate or the VFS about this showing them my iternary ?>

Kindly help
              Last edited by nosiaj; 11-01-2011, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Is it possible to take an Fresh interview after we recive the 221(g) Blue form?
                This form neither shows any approval or Rejection.Since we will have all the documents required by the blue form as well as the other supporting documents,is it possible to do? instead to getting stuck with our passports with them ( i have immediate travel plans)!!

Bindu

Comment

not sure about that. in my form it is printed in caps DO NOT take new appointment. I think they will have all the track of applications using a passport.

Comment

Do the Consulate let us know what additional documents are required? If so, why are people hesitant about mentioning the documents they were asked for? That might atleast save pain for some of us.

Please share the list of additional documents the Consulate asked for if possible.

Comment

Hii

They asked me to submit 4 documents which are

A copy of all documents as submitted to USCIS while filing for H1 ( i am a new applicant)

List of petitioner`s Employees and Salaries

Employee offer later

Employee and Client Contract and Agreement Letter

Comment

Thanks Bindu

Comment

Hi Bindu,
                          I have one more question for you. Are you aware of the new HDFC Bank receipts? Does it have any field for Petetion #?

Thanks,

Comment

@Poster

No..I am not aware of any such thing..I took a Green slip in HDFC bank..it was 7500 for H Visas
                            Entered name,Passport number thats all...it took 2 days to activate.

Comment

In my case,

1) A copy of all documents as submitted to USCIS while filing for H1
                              2) Petitioners IT returns for last two years and financial statements
                              3) Notarized list of all employees and their salaries and all
                              4) A letter from personal departments at US stating that there is a vacancy
                              5) Details of internal development project

@bindu

Have you submitted the documents and the passport. I m still waiting for the documents from employer

Originally posted by bindu155 View Post
                              Hii

They asked me to submit 4 documents which are

A copy of all documents as submitted to USCIS while filing for H1 ( i am a new applicant)

List of petitioner`s Employees and Salaries

Employee offer later

Employee and Client Contract and Agreement Letter

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X