A. Passport for minors
It is compulsory to have a separate passport for a minor. A number of foreign diplomatic missions refuse to grant the visas if a minor's name is included in their parents' passport.
B. Emigration Check Not Required(ECNR) Stamp
The following persons are entitled to get the ECNR Stamp on their passports:
- Gazetted Government Servants
- Income-tax payees
- Persons holding professional degrees
- Persons staying abroad for more than 3 years
- Spouses of people in the above categories
- Persons holding graduation or higher degrees
- Seamen in possession of Continuous Discharge Certificate and
Sea Cadets and Deck Cadets
- who have passed final examination of three year BSc. Nautical Sciences Courses at TS Chanakya, Mumbai, or
- who have undergone three months' pre-Sea training at any of the government-approved training institutes after production of Identity Cards issued by the Shipping Master, Mumbai /Calcutta /Chennai or persons holding permanent immigration visas, or Green Cards
- Persons holding diplomas from recognised institutions or certificates of vocational training from government/recognised institutions. The diploma/ certificate should be for atleast a two-year course.
- Nurses possessing qualifications recognised under the Indian Nursing Council Act, 1947
- Dependent children of parents eligible for ECNR, as above (up to 24 years of age)
- All persons above the age of 60 years
- All visitors to Pakistan and Bangladesh
- All visitors going to any country in Europe (except the
Commonwealth of Independent States) or North America.
If you change your name, please get your passport booklet changed. Please approach the RPO/PO concerned in good time.
D. In case of marriage, re-marriage or divorce:
- Fresh application form
- Certified marriage certificate or an affidavit from husband and wife (Annexure 'A' of application form);
- In case of divorce, divorce deed authenticated by a court
- In case of re-marriage, divorce deed or death certificate of spouse duly authenticated.
- Fresh application form
- Two original newspaper clippings giving notice of change of name Affidavit (Annexure 'A' of the application form).
For change of address the following circumstances may arises.
- If you already have a passport and want to change the address recorded in it, approach your nearest passport office and apply for the same on Miscellaneous Services application from with a fee (please check the amount with the passport office) and proof of new address.
- If you have applied for a passport but have shifted before the passport has been issued, you should inform in the Passport Office within whose jurisdiction your new address falls in writing, about your application (with application numbers, etc.) and ask for the transfer of your file to the new passport office and along with proof of your new address. No fee is required to be paid