Cancellation of PIO Card
The Central Government may by order, cancel the PIO Card, if it is satisfied that:
- the PIO Card was obtained by means of fraud, false representation or the concealment of any material fact; or
- the PIO Card holder has shown himself/herself by act or speech to be disaffected towards the Constitution of India and other laws of India; or
- the PIO Card holder is a citizen or subject of any country at war with, or committing external aggression against India; or of any other country assisting the country at war with, or committing such aggression against India; or
- the PIO Card holder has been sentenced in India for indulging in acts of terrorism, smuggling of narcotics, arms, ammunitions etc, or has been sentenced for committing an offence punishable with imprisonment up to one year or fine up to ten thousand rupees; or
- it is not conducive to the public interest that the person should continue to hold a a PIO Card.