Welcome, Guest | My Profile | Tracker Home |
Re-Entry Permit Experience     All experiences
Experience Home

sethpiyush     02/06/2013 00:50 AM

Hi All,

I am a US citizen by birth but never lived in the USA. After my marriage i had applied for my wife's immigration and in may 2010 My wife received her temp gc.

In dec 2010 my wife moved to the US and worked till apr 2011. In may 2011 she returned to India because of some personal commitments.

Her temp gc was to expire in may 2012, so we applied for permanent gc in mar 2012, unfortunately she could not travel for biometrics in april2012 as she was expecting and the doctor in India had asked for complete bed rest. She delivered in June 2012, but since the baby was premature she couldn't travel.

I need guidance on the following:
1. How does she apply for a reentry permit as she had not applied for one before leaving the US?
2. We tried for my daughter's US citizenship by descent but I was told by the consulate that since I have not lived in the US for a period of 5 years, I am not able to pass on the citizenship to her. So can someone guide on it?
3. We have approached Indian embassy for my daughter's Indian passport, to apply for the same I have to get my name endorsed on my wife's passport which means the Indian embassy will cancel her current passport and reissue a new passport. With change in passport what are the implications on her green card.

 Reply  Subscribe

Disclaimer: Please note that the views presented above are from individual visitors to our website and we do not endorse them in any way and you should interpret them at entirely your own risk as we are not liable or responsible in any manner for you using any of the information presented above. Your individual experiences may vary and you should not take any decision solely based on the views posted here by the visitors to our website.

Atlas America Insurance Visitors Insurance Safe Travels for Visitors to the USA Insurance