Welcome, Guest | My Profile | Tracker Home |
UK Visa Experience     All experiences
Experience Home

SB123     11/14/2013 17:20 PM


I know this question has been posted several times in the site, but still wanted to confirm.
I am an Indian citizen, currently staying in the USA on an international student visa (F1 which is stamped on my passport) which is valid till 2017. I will be traveling to India from San Francisco in Dec 2013 and will travel back in Jan 2014 through British Airways via London. I need to change flights at Heathrow airport. Do I require the DATV (Direct Airside Transit Visa)?
I read the information on the UKBA website and I understand that I need not apply for DATV since I comply with the 'transit without visa concession' as I have a valid visa of USA, traveling by air and my onward flight departs within 24 hours. Please let me know if my understanding is correct. I was confused because in another place in the same site it mentions that Indian citizens need to have a DATV.

Also, if someone was in similar situation I would appreciate if you can share it.


 Reply  Subscribe

Disclaimer: Please note that the views presented above are from individual visitors to our website and we do not endorse them in any way and you should interpret them at entirely your own risk as we are not liable or responsible in any manner for you using any of the information presented above. Your individual experiences may vary and you should not take any decision solely based on the views posted here by the visitors to our website.

Atlas America Insurance Visitors Insurance Safe Travels for Visitors to the USA Insurance