Welcome, Guest | My Profile | Tracker Home |
Experiences - Retaining Greencard     All experiences

Disclaimer: Please note that the views presented below are from individual visitors to our website and we do not endorse them in any way and you should interpret them at entirely your own risk as we are not liable or responsible in any manner for you using any of the information presented below. Your individual experiences may vary and you should not take any decision solely based on the views posted here by the visitors to our website.

   Add your experience


Ejobotodo     07/10/2016 14:22 PM

If you are filing as an individual because you and/or your conditional resident child were battered or subjected to extreme cruelty, submit:
1. Evidence of the abuse, such as copies of reports or official records issued by police, courts, medical personnel, school officials, clergy, social workers, and other social service agency personnel. You may also submit any legal documents relating to an order of protection against the abuser or relating to any legal steps you may have taken to end the abuse. You may also submit evidence that you sought safe haven in a shelter for the abused or similar refuge, as well as photographs evidencing your injuries; and
2. A copy of your divorce decree, if your marriage was terminated by divorce on grounds of physical abuse or extreme
Pls can some one explain the first sentence to me I wanna remove my condition but I can't have my abusive spouse sign d divorce documents because of a no contact order against her.. Can I remove my condition without a divorce?? I have all paper work for d police n d court.. pls I need u guys response

 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
Thinkgibbon     04/13/2016 20:00 PM

So, I was married through a K-1 Visa. I am the American Citizen, and my wife left the country 2 years ago without letting us know. She had been here for 2 years, and had her green card for less than a year. Right before she left, for some reason, she gave her green card to her aunt, who we were living with at the time. When we discovered she had abandoned the marriage, I found a place and moved out. When I moved out, her aunt gave me the green card, and I placed it in my car. It stayed in there for 2 years in the glove compartment. Randomly over the two year period of me trying to track her down for the divorce, and me trying to move on with my life, she would message me over Facebook and ask for the green card. Each time she would ask she would give a different reason why she wanted it. I naturally didn't want to give it back to her because I didn't want to be a party to allowing someone who had given up their quest for a life in America to re-enter the US illegally. I know that I should have sent the card to immigration, but the investigator on my file didn't give me a clear idea of what I should have done with it, so I just held on to it.

Now, she somehow got an attorney here in America, and they have filed a criminal complaint stating that I stole the green card and refused to give it back to her. This is stressing me out, because I don't believe I did anything wrong.

The kicker here is that my car was totaled in December of 2015, and the card was still inside when it happened. Through miscommunication with the insurance and the wrecking yard that had the car, I only got a single box of effects back, and the card was not in there. They then sold the car and destroyed all the documents inside it to protect from identity theft. I don't know if my case is unique or not, but I am worried because I am just starting a career and that all would be ruined if I got convicted of theft.

Someone please help.

 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
DavidMalik     08/17/2015 06:50 AM

Dear All,

My name is David and I recently went through the Sb-1 visa process and I found out today that I was approved for the SB-1 visa and I should receive it in the next few days. I thought I should share my experiences of the visa to those who really need it. Seeing as when I was applying there was hardly any descriptions of the experience.

I filed a DS-117 application at the London Embassy at the end of June 2015 along with the credit card payment form. They debited my account around a week after. I didn't receive any notification of an interview until mid July 2015. It had been scheduled for early August 2015. This interview was for the determination of returning resident status. I attended the interview and they asked me for my reasons for a protracted stay outside the US. My mother was medically incapacitated and as I was a minor at the time I couldn't have saved my LPR status. However be warned if your consular officer doesn't sympathize with your case there is a possibility that you could be rejected regardless of how compelling your reason is.

After I was approved in my first interview I received a letter saying my returning resident status was valid for six months, I also received my case number, thus allowing me to apply for an immigrant visa. I used the case number to fill in my DS-260 and I scheduled medical interview. All this happened in mid August. As I had to attend university in the US by the end of August I asked if my process could be expedited. Luckily the embassy allowed for my interview to occur a week before my registration thus making it possible for me to make the registration.

I then attended my second immigrant visa interview, this interview is easier than the first interview, the consular officer took my documents and then approved my application. Be warned when submitting your civil documents for the SB-1 visa as you have filed with the London embassy you do not need to submitted any copies to the NVC. After that you should have an SB-1 visa.

I would like to thank all the consular officers at the London Embassy who took time with my application and reviewed it efficiently and perfectly. Unlike some of the posts I have read about this visa, I found my experience to be a complex but well organised.

David Malik.

 9 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
Nichol M Miller- ()     09/25/2010 23:52 PM

I have information about Sonedyr Z Ruthner of Delran, NJ, and Charles Norman Hart of Ewing,NJ. They have illegally married in order for Sonedyr to stay in the US. Sonedyr who is a prostitute/dancer at the Playhouse gentleman's club in burlington, NJ paid Charles $10,000 to marry her and carry out this unamerican facade. Charles and Sonedyr have been separated for over 4 years now. Sonedyr Ruthner recently paid a bartender at the Playhouse Go Go bar $20,0000 to marry her son so that he would be able to stay in the country. I wish someone from INS would investigate this sham and stop this Brazilion prostitute from spitting at America in the face. THank you.
PS. Her dance name is KIANI at tbe playhouse in Burlington, NJ.

 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
KOshy, LLB- ()     12/19/2008 14:23 PM

why dont you all renew it and keep it up to date.

also always have the card with you when you enter and leave the country. You need that along with ur passport.

If you dont have the card with you, then you wont be able to enter.

 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
Ian- ()     10/24/2008 10:32 AM

Hi I used to live in the US for almost 7 years, my fathers company opened up a branch in Norway and my family decided to move back to Norway. I guess they figured it was the most conveniant considering the fact that we indeed have family here.
I've been going to school ever since I came home from the US and I didn't know I had a green card until just recently.

What are my chances or reinstating or reclaiming residency?
I was a minor when we left and I'm 20 years of age now. It was never my intention to leave nor give up my residency.

 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
Mohamed horieh- ()     06/12/2008 00:04 AM

I have been out of the U.S since July 2001 due to health problem. I am 18 years old now, i finished my my school this year. So, i applied for a university in Florida and they accepted me, i have a new passport and my green card doesn't expires till Aug 2011. Do you think they can accept me to enter the U.S?


 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
henriques67- ()     08/09/2006 15:09 PM

My mom has been out of the US since Nov 2006 due to ill health. She has purchased a ticket and will try to enter the US from Montego Bay Jamaica thru Charlotte, NC. She has a new passport and her green card doesn't expires til 2007 Aug. Do you think she will be able to board the plane and will they let her thru at Charlotte. What questions should she anticipate.?

 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink

Atlas America Insurance Visitors Insurance Safe Travels for Visitors to the USA Insurance