Welcome, Guest | My Profile | Tracker Home |
Experiences - Transit Visa     All experiences

Disclaimer: Please note that the views presented below are from individual visitors to our website and we do not endorse them in any way and you should interpret them at entirely your own risk as we are not liable or responsible in any manner for you using any of the information presented below. Your individual experiences may vary and you should not take any decision solely based on the views posted here by the visitors to our website.

   Add your experience


Manish- ()     12/08/2004 00:07 AM

Is transit visa required while travelling thru Paris. My case is of visa extension, which is not stamped in the passport.


 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
Rajesh- ()     10/05/2004 22:36 PM

1. You are US Citizen
2. You are Green Card Holder
3. You have been issued a H1 for more than 3 years (or H1 issued in the year 2001 or before) with multiple entry.

In all other cases, for US residents of Indian Nationality require a Transit Visa.

This is the information I got after speaking to German Consulate at SFO.

I need to take one coz my H1 Visa issue date is 11 Feb 2003.

 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
Sumit- ()     09/06/2004 20:48 PM

Hi I have a F1 visa that expires in Aug 2006 but I have changed my status to a H1B status. I am travelling to india via Luftansa. Do I need a transit visa.

 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
Nikhil.S- ()     08/21/2004 13:15 PM

I am an Indian student on my way to Trinidad for my education. I would like to know whether I need a Transit visa at the U.S Airport where I will have to change planes. Please give me the required information at the earliest.

 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
suresh- ()     07/27/2004 17:04 PM

 I am on H1-B with I-94 extended. I am going to India for Stamping
 Do I need to get transit visa if I am travelling through SG or Frankfurt.


 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
Venkat- ()     07/20/2004 15:23 PM

      I am not really sure. I sent an email to the German consulate in the US(Transit Visa). They said I needed a Visa. My guess is they are not clear as to the combinations of H1, EAD, AP. Please see Below email I sent and reply I received
 From: .LOSA RK-VISA-100 Abelian, Anahid <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:03:51 -0700
Subject: visa
To: jvkarthik

Yes, you do need an Airport Transit visa. You can find all the informaion on our website.

 Visa Dept.

> ---------------------------------------------
   German Consulate General
   6222 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 500
    Los Angeles, CA 90048
  Dear Sir,
              I am an Indian Citizen. I work in the United States for a Company for whom I have a EAD (Employment Authorization Document US)
and Advance Parole (that allows me to travel outside the US) . I dont have a US visa on my passport, but the above documents make me eligible to work in the US.
I will be making a trip to India from US and will be flying by Lufthansa.
There will be a transit time of 30-45 minutes in Frankfurt airport in Germany.
Please suggest if I need to get a Transit Visa for this period in Germany in the airport(30-45 minutes).
Please feel free to email me or contact me.
Appreciate you support

 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
Sagar- ()     07/17/2004 00:16 AM

I am traveling to India from US via Frankfurt (Lufthansa). I have my H1 visa renewed (next 3 years). I need to get it stamped in my passport in India. I have all the supporting documentation (I-797 etc). Do I still need a transit visa during my stopover at Frankfurt on my way to India?

 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
beleiver- ()     04/09/2004 16:27 PM

You NEED a transit visa if you are on h1 or h4 visa and visa stamping on the passport is expired.If stamping is valid, u dont need otherwise please go to German embassy with your h1b approval paper to get the transit. google german embassy site to check all required docs

 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
Rajesh- ()     02/17/2004 11:28 AM

I travelled and returned to US Feb 16th via Frankfurt in Lufthansa on an expired visa and advance parole. I did not take transit visa and u don't need one. U just need to show ur advance parole document and there is no problem. So please don't take a transit visa.

 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink


Atlas America Insurance Visitors Insurance Safe Travels for Visitors to the USA Insurance