Welcome, Guest | My Profile | Tracker Home |
Experiences - Renewing Greencard     All experiences

Disclaimer: Please note that the views presented below are from individual visitors to our website and we do not endorse them in any way and you should interpret them at entirely your own risk as we are not liable or responsible in any manner for you using any of the information presented below. Your individual experiences may vary and you should not take any decision solely based on the views posted here by the visitors to our website.

   Add your experience


A024812     11/08/2019 23:39 PM

Hi Guys,

I need some advice from some wise folks here. Let me also know if this is any other forum I can check.

Me and spouse have GC since 07/2010 which was EB based. Thought/Need of naturalization never occurred to us but now since we have a remaining GC validity of less than 9 months, we are in fix. We are not sure if we start Naturalization process or renew our GC when we are within six months of expiry.

Based on the current processing time for either, we cannot get either before our GC expire. Our DL is also tied to the GC expiry date. Our employment status may be tied also.

Can somebody suggest what could be a better approach and what need to be done as we get close to GC expiry? Do we start naturalization now in Nov 2019 or start GC renewal in Jan 2020?

We do have a college bound USC kid, starting next fall.

Thanks in advance and will certainly appreciate your thoughts!

 1 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
dcncalde     11/06/2019 13:52 PM

I filed my Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence on January 23rd 2019. 90 days before my green card expired in April. I received my biometrics in April. Everything went well. My account status on the website shows no update since they received my application. Not even my biometrics letter. Looks like my application is at the California Center.

Is anyone out there in the same status as mine?

 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
Femmy     09/11/2019 00:22 AM

Hey guys it’s been a while but I need some advice
I filed for my residence Conditon removal on 06/28/2019
I got my extension on 07/4/2019 but it’s going on 3 months
Now and am yet to receive my biometric notice I called they said
They will inform me when they schedule one for me I just want know
If it’s like this for everyone or they are backlogged will appreciate
All your replies

 2 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
Coolkid     08/31/2019 16:28 PM

Hi guys, so I’ve applied to remove conditions on my GC (I-751) on sep, 2016 till date no decision has been made or updated. I went to the local office on the Aug 2019 and was told that my case has been approved but yet tracking it online or calling the 1800 numbers says pending. I’ve put in service request after visiting the local office and a got a response that it’s still pending due to back ground checks. It’s been almost 3yrs anyone with same issue? Thank you

 1 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
pharma3006     08/29/2019 13:49 PM

Hello guys,
I obtained my 2-years green card in 6/2018 and I will be renewing it in 6/2020 (file for the removal of conditions). I am thinking about changing my last name to my husband last name this year (preferably before the delivery of our baby in 11/2019). My question is: is it going to be okay for me to apply for a 10-years green card while my name on my 2-years green card is different from my current (soon-to be name)? Of course I will be changing my name on my ID, social security card and all other forms of documentations. I did not want to pay a ~$400-$500 fee to replace my current green card with my new last name now (cause it can take months) and then a few weeks later, apply (and pay another fee) to get a 10-years green card. Please let me know what you think! Thank you

 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
Mr Kadogo     08/01/2019 22:14 PM

Hi everyone,

I am new here. this is my first post. Thanks to y'all who share your experience.

I am going to file I-751 to remove conditions on my Marriage base green card. I feel like I don't have enough supporting documents.
 I wanted to ask y'all if I should hold my breath and submit, or hold off and get more documents?
Here is what I have:
(the ones with * are what I had submitted the first time to get the 2 year GC)

1. Joint Tax return for last 2 years (been married for 2 and half years)
2. Joint Health Insurance*
3. 401K with my wife being 100% beneficially*
4. Joint Rent Lease*
5. Joint Utility bills (gas & Water)
6. A lot of pictures with my family members and inlaws.
7. I will get 3 supporting letters from family and friends.

We don't have joint bank accounts. we manage our money better keeping them separated since one of us has bad spending habits.

So I am very scared since last time we went for interview, they asked about joint financial, and we explained that we agreed to keep it this way but we were still young in marriage that things might change. we love each other, we live together, and we function well together like that.

Any of you guys advice?
each had a vehicle when we got married and we never shared titles, but I have been thinking, maybe we can legally co-own one vehicle...

90 days start 8/14/2019. I am also afraid if I do something now, they might think it was not legitimate.

thank you.

 1 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
narsapgrc     07/25/2019 13:36 PM

Hi guys,

I got a conditional GC for 2 years. So when i apply for the Removal of conditions i-751, Do i need to apply 90 days before my second anniversary? Or Do i need to apply 90 days before the expiration of my conditional GC? because the difference is 6 months. All your answers are really appreciated.


 3 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
Leejones2019     06/25/2019 10:35 AM

Atlanta, Georgia
I filled for my green card MAY 2018
Receipt Notice in MAY 2018
Finger Print in JUNE 2018
Card in Mail JUNE 2019
Card delivered JUNE 2019

In total, it took a year to receive my 10 years green card. I got a notice of 18months process but God made it possible it took a year. I know it’s difficult for us to be patient but that’s all we can do.
I thank God for making it possible, it’s still like a dream to me. I’m so happy for this major achievement and I pray your prayers will be answered also.

 4 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
kayflex     06/20/2019 00:40 AM

Hello folks, I submitted my green card conditional removal (I-751), since February 2019. Till date, I am yet to receive an update. Although, I was given the 18 months extension which is the new trend. My status remains CASE RECEIVED. Do we have people in this situation? 4 months over. Should I just expect a biometric update? or do they call every folk for another interview again? just curious.............


 7 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink
RicardoPVD     06/14/2019 09:47 AM

We applied for green card conditions removal (i-751) on April 2018, after a couple of months I received an 18 months extension. Last March I travelled to Mexico and on my reentry I was stopped by immigration officers for about 40 minutes, then they said I had a "very common name" and let me through. Then a week later I received a letter from USCIS saying my case was transferred to the Texas office. So my question is, will the date of reception is reset to March 2019? Thanks.

 0 Replies  Reply  Subscribe  Permalink


Atlas America Insurance Visitors Insurance Safe Travels for Visitors to the USA Insurance