For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.

Visit or call +1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400

India Visa

All Experiences
Fields marked as * are required.

Subject is required.

Comment is required.

By submitting this post, you agree to Terms of Use.

Experience is successfully added.

Need help about child visa for school in India
Could anyone help with following scenarios? I need to confirm before i decide to take British citizenship for my daughter.

I and my daughter (12 years old)holding UK Passport (British National) and my wife holding Indian passport( Indian National). Because of of some personal reason (parents health issue) my wife and daughter need to go back to India immediately permanently (may be for 5-6 years).

Now if my daughter OCI card in progress stage (after application it will take 2-3 months) , then what type of VISA she needs to that legally should able to go to school in India while OCI in progress?

I thought its entry Visa , however in the "document required" section of VFS site is asking to submit letter of recommendation(on letter headed paper from the employer of the person holding the Employment visa ). However she is travelling with her mother(Indian national), how can I get such document?

or some different type of VISA is needed(for admission into secondary school)?

Please help.
All Replies (0)



Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.