I had a valid unexpired green card but due to extended stay of over 4 years in India, I had to apply for SB1 visa (returning resident) which recently got approved. However they have with held my green card and asked me to come back to the consulate with medical tests, PCC and completed forms 260 and Affidavit of support form I-134. Request anyone who has gone through this to provide me some details
1. What happens in the next interview
2. Will they give me my green card back?
2. Will they grant me VISA to travel to USA post my next interview date (I know it depends on many factors), any insight or help will be appreciated
3. Is there anything yet that can reject my travel there? what do I need secure to successfully convince the consulate officer and get the permit to travel
4. Form I-134, affadavit of support, which relatives are eligible to apply this for me. I only have a distinct relative who stays in USA and is a citizen. Can she apply this for me?
5. Will I be able to work in USA on a SB1?
Please help me, I am in urgent need to travel, since my son who is 1 year old needs a brain surgery and options here are not looking good for him.
You are subscribed to receive updates for this experience.
All Replies (2)
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.