For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.

Visit or call +1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400

Renewing Greencard

All Experiences
Fields marked as * are required.

Subject is required.

Comment is required.

By submitting this post, you agree to Terms of Use.

Experience is successfully added.

Unable to travel to USA with extension stamp in the passport

My parents have been lawful permanent residents of USA since 2005.
Their cards were up for renewal in 2016.

They applied for approval in July 2015.
In the process we received the following i - 797 C forms:
1. Notice of action - receipt
2. notice of action - biometrics appt.

At the biometrics appointment they got a stamp in their passport extending the validity of their greencards till the end of May 2016.
After which they travelled out of country and while returning they were not allowed to board the flight by the airline.
The airline required for them to have a i 797 form along with the extension stamp in the passport.
According to the airline, the i-797 form would have the validity extension information along with the specific dates till which validity has been extended.

But, we received no such form from USCIS.

I see that i-797 form is sent on approval of 'Immigration petition for relative, fiance or orphan', with specific validity extension dates.

Do personnel applying for green card renewals also receive similar validity extension forms?

All Replies (1)



Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.