1) Applied and got Canada Visitor Visa
2) Filled DS -160 by selecting one of the Canadian Location(Later we can transfer to other location)
3) Pay the fee 190$ but not able to find dates for the next few months.
4) 10 Sept 2019, I see a interview slot for 16 Sept 2019 and booked right away
5) Emailed the Vancouver Consulate to transfer the DS-160
6) Since downtown hotels are expensive, booked a remote hotel and used a local taxi(Every area have a local tax service) using their app to pick me. (Make sure to find the Tax company in that hotel area and setup the app ahead). You don't need to pay using app. You can pay using CAD in the car. The biggest challenge is non existence if Uber/Lyft. Very hard to find Taxi's so put a 30 minute buffer.
7) I carried I -797, I-129, LCA, Employment Verification Letter, Client Letter, Experience Letter, Resume, One month worth of PayStub, a travel Credit Card and some Canadian dollars and a recently took Passport Photo taken from Costco. No electronic items
8) Reached there at 8:15 AM for the 8:15 appointment since the Taxi showed by late.
9) Went to the security and told that I am for 8:15 appointment.
10) They check the Appointment Confirmation, DS -160, I-797 Original and Latest Passport
11) They asked to go to security check same TSA way
12) Then counter 1 to scan Photo, Passport, Canada Visitor Visa, I-797
13) Then counter 2 to Finger Print
14) Then security taken to 20 th Floor for Visa Interview
14) Which Company you work for and What they do? How long you are working there? What is your ROLE? WHAT YOU DO ? Are you paid competitively? Your Visa is approved (Given answers in 3 to 5 words)
15) The interviewer took the Passport and Original I 797
16) On the same day late evening the DS 160 status showed as Administrative Processing https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx
17) Next Day evening, the appointment scheduling website showed a Tracking Number for collecting the passport - https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/users/sign_in
18) Hoping to get the Passport delivered to selected Passport delivery location by Tomorrow morning.
Planning to reach the Post office to pickup when the Post office is open even if there is no status change