For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.

Visit or call +1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400

Advance Parole

All Experiences
Fields marked as * are required.

Subject is required.

Comment is required.

By submitting this post, you agree to Terms of Use.

Experience is successfully added.

Any experience with traveling to Schengen countries with EAD/AP?
I am planning to visit Spain for tourism, and I have my EAD/AP card. My H1-B visa stamping has expired, but I do have valid I-797A showing visa extensions as well.

I understand that the EAD/AP card is only for entering back into the United States and it is not for entering into a Schengen country. I will need to apply for a Schengen tourist visa for the participating Schengen country in their US consulate. What I am not sure about is whether they will approve a visa if I am on EAD/AP (and with I-797A extensions) instead of having an unexpired H1-B visa stamping.

Recently, I traveled to Mexico and I had to apply for a Mexican tourist visa. I did not have any problems in getting the tourist visa and re-entering back to the US with the EAD/AP combo card from Mexico. But I am not sure about the rules for Schengen countries.

What experiences do you have in traveling to Schengen countries with an EAD/AP combo card?
All Replies (0)


Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.