Guys first of all I would like to thank you all for sharing your experience.
I had appointment for B1 visa on 28 Jan in Mumbai and below is the snippet of my experience.
Me - Good Morning Sir
VO- A very good morning to you. So how are you oding today.
Me - I am doing good sir, what about you ?
VO- I am good too. So why are you travelling to US?
Me - I am travelling to US to attend a Data and Analytics conference. Being Head of technology, it is very important for me to keep myself updated on the latest trend in technologies. By attending this conference, I would be able to increase my own as well as my team's productivity thus resulting in better quality of deliverable
VO - So how long you will stay in US
Me - 4 days and will travel back on fifth day.
VO- have you ever been to US.
Me - No Sir, only through Transit.
VO -- Ohh I see you have transited to mexico.
Me - yes sir, i was on deputation in mexico for 3 years from XYZ company.
VO - Where is your conference in US.
Me - Name of the city in US and State.
VO - Congratulations, your visa is approved. Have a happy learning in US.
Me - Thanks a lot Sir !!
Points to be taken care of
1. Please take utmost care in filing DS-160. Entire Interview happens around that only.
2. Please be honest and confident in your answers. it matters a lot.
3. Please show documents only when asked. For me, VO did not ask a single document.
4. Be very clear and precise about the purpose of your trip to US. Make sure your answer should be specific to B1 visa only.
5. Do not get worried if person before you got rejected. it does not matter. Every case is special and different.
6. Your role in current organization should match with your purpose of visit.
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.