I live in US with my husband, I had H4 and he had H1B, until his GC has been approved in November (Yeah! but..)
Our lawyers didn't tell us to file together (yes I know that's embarrassing) so they send my application (I-485, I-765, I-131) two weeks later in 12/1/2020.
- after biometrics, I received EAD+AP card (Great!)
- sent RFE for medical examination and it was received 06/01/2020
- now my online case status for my I-485 states this "USCIS has begun working on your case again. We will send you a decision or notify you if we need something from you."
1) Do you know how long it takes for them to schedule an interview?
2) When my husband received his GC, my H4 was immediately invalidated (because my husband's H1B was replaced with the GC). Technically I applied for change of status without a status. Do you think that this will compromise me from obtaining the GC?
If anyone experienced a similar situation, I would be grateful that you share them.
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.