July 2016 EB2 Applicant Approved, the status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced"
Very happy to announce, my status to "permanent residency" was successfully approved. Learnt a lot from this forum, thanks for every single of you for sharing your own experiences. I was patient enough, my plans got changed (some of them screwed) because of waiting, waiting and waiting, but at the end its worth it. I have no doubt everyone waiting, will hear the good news soon, just hang in there, good things come to those who wait.
here is my timeline:
- 07/19/2016: "We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485"
- 01/20/2017: RFE on tax forms 2014, 2015, 2016 and additional documents attending the university in California (tuition recipe, photos from the graduation, etc.).
- 02/16/2017: "We received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485,"
- 09/06/2017: "Your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, was transferred to another USCIS office."
- 10/04/2017: "We scheduled you for your interview and mailed you an interview notice."
My PD date: July 17, 2016.
The interview was pretty fast (10-15 min), straightforward, was asked few questions like "when did I arrive at USA, what school did I attend, and the address of the school I went, that's about it." The main thing during the interview was, to provide your paystub, letter from the employer that you work there, also you have to make sure you have all the documents that show you were never out of status during your time in the US. Right after School, I did 3 years OPT at different companies, so I brought the letter from this company to prove I was never out of my status.
So, after few questions, and making sure all my documents are properly submitted, the officer congratulated me, and said my green card should be arriving in 2-3 weeks.
Please asks if you have any questions regarding my case, I'd like to help with what I can. good luck to everyone.
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.