For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.

Visit or call +1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400

Immigrant Visa

All Experiences
Fields marked as * are required.

Subject is required.

Comment is required.

By submitting this post, you agree to Terms of Use.

Experience is successfully added.

Legal Name Change for Indian Citizen living in USA on H1B Visa

I have changed my first and last name in my Indian passport and also update new name on H1B I797.

When I reached out to SSN office they are asking for a court order or something to prove the name change happened.

So I reached out to Court for court order but they are asking for Birth certificate, When I told them I am non- Immigrant here a and I have birth certificate from India...

I not sure how to get a court order update my SSN with new name...

Please let me know if I have to reach out to Any attorney?

Best regards,
All Replies (0)


Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.