For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.

Visit or call +1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400

Student Visa (F1, F2, M1, M2)

All Experiences
Fields marked as * are required.

Subject is required.

Comment is required.

By submitting this post, you agree to Terms of Use.

Experience is successfully added.

am an f1 visa candidate. I was hired by company xyz and company 123 is the parent company of company xyz. I have to file for STEM OPT Extension, which requires the following details:
1. "Employer name" as in E-verify account and "e-verify id number" of the employer

The "e-verify receipt document" after i-9 was filled and processed was received and it said "authorized to work". This document has the parent company e-verify ID and the case number pertains to the parent company.

The paycheck has the company xyz's name and this is the same for on W2 form. When I checked the EIN it pertains to company XYZ. Somehow the address on both shows the comp. 123 headquaters address and not the local site I was hired by.

Company 123 is registered on e verify program and xyz is not as of now (got terminated).

Since the e verify document i got after filing i-9 has the company 123 (parent company) in it. Shall I proceed with the name and ID of the parent company to fill the forms of my STEM OPT extension?
All Replies (0)

Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.