Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 interview over. Officer requested us to give further evidence. Handover a paper in which mentioned i-72 from will send and aske us to give within 30 days...but not yet received any paper and our file is ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timdl12 View Post
      I and my spouse just had an AOS interview this morning 10/1/2019. After the interview, the officer didnt notify to us anything that wei have passed the interview or not. She just said “ all is done, you guys have any questions?” And she kept our tax returns, bank statements and she will take a look. But, during the interview, she told us that we ‘ve been marriage with 2 years, so there would be a 2 years green card instead of the 10 years green card. After 2 years, you guys have to appy to get the 10 years . It will take 30-60 days for you guys to receive the letter. Is it meaning anything that we will get approved ? I dont know what letter they will send to us? Anyone knows or have the same situation like me? Please help!
      What date did you get married?
      What date did your I485 case status changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'
      What date did your I485 case status changed to 'Interview has been Scheduled'?
      What date was your Green Card Interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by Youssef Mousa View Post

I had the same story, but what letter the IO told you about?
        What date did you get married?
        What date did your I485 case status changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'
        What date did your I485 case status changed to 'Interview has been Scheduled'?
        What date was your Green Card Interview?

Comment

• Form I-485 now counting 27 months

Hello everybody, We've been through so much since the interview, and honestly the interview was very, very good.

Here's our dates:

*Filled forms -i-485, i-765 etc December 23, 2017

*EAD card received May 2018

*Interview date was Jan 23, 2019

*EAD renewal made in May 2019

*Second interview scheduled July 10

*Second interview cancelled July 17

*Immigration agents came to our house for inspection November 10, 2019

*EAD renewal card approved December 2019

And then last week this: On March 18, 2020, we closed your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number XXXXXXXX, because the applicant or petitioner received a status or benefit through other means. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

So much has happened and we still don't know what is going on, after mid 2019 we hired a lawyer to check on the process, and still no answer.
          Is anybody here facing the same issue?

We filled in L.A

Thanks

Comment

• Dear all,

I really need help! Could you please read below?

My parents are currently in the US under B2 visa.

On April 4, we mailed out the package to USCIS including I-485 and other forms.

On April 7, USCIS received the package.

On April 18, my parents’ most current I-94s expired.

On May 7, my dad got Receipt Notices but my mom got Rejection Notices to her forms indicating filing fee not correct and some forms not included. We did pay additional fee that we are not supposed to. USCIS retuned one check of the additional fee paid under my dad’s application and received his applications, however USCIS rejected all my mom’s applications along with all checks. We are pretty sure all forms were included per request (essentially my mom application’s structure is the same as my dad’s. Very weird USCIS received one but rejected another...)

Now we are ready to Resubmit my mom’s applications but we are concerned about the situation that my mom’s I-94 was already expired.

Could you please advise: Based on the situation,
            1. If my mom can still Resubmit the applications
            2. should I concurrently file I-693 to extend her lawful status and explain the unexpected situation?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Comment

• My I-485 is pending with USCIS and havent received any response yet and I just had a baby. My question is do i need to inform USCIS about my baby?

Comment

• Originally posted by applicant485 View Post
                My I-485 is pending with USCIS and havent received any response yet and I just had a baby. My question is do i need to inform USCIS about my baby?
                As of now, no. When they schedule you for an interview, take pregnancy reports for proof and your baby's birth certificate. This will help you make your case stronger and chances are that due to this you can get approved on first interview for your green card. Good Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by kkkevin555 View Post
                  Dear all,

I really need help! Could you please read below?

My parents are currently in the US under B2 visa.

On April 4, we mailed out the package to USCIS including I-485 and other forms.

On April 7, USCIS received the package.

On April 18, my parents’ most current I-94s expired.

On May 7, my dad got Receipt Notices but my mom got Rejection Notices to her forms indicating filing fee not correct and some forms not included. We did pay additional fee that we are not supposed to. USCIS retuned one check of the additional fee paid under my dad’s application and received his applications, however USCIS rejected all my mom’s applications along with all checks. We are pretty sure all forms were included per request (essentially my mom application’s structure is the same as my dad’s. Very weird USCIS received one but rejected another...)

Now we are ready to Resubmit my mom’s applications but we are concerned about the situation that my mom’s I-94 was already expired.

Could you please advise: Based on the situation,
                  1. If my mom can still Resubmit the applications
                  2. should I concurrently file I-693 to extend her lawful status and explain the unexpected situation?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
                  Your post is old now so pls do summarize updated status.
                  Hopefully you realized that as parents of US Citizen, they are eligible for AOS even if I-94 expired.
                  USC filed AOS for parents on B2. I am not a lawyer.
                  Timeline
                  7/21 <— I-130/485/944/864/131/765/693 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
                  8/4 <— Checks cashed
                  8/5 <— I-797 SMS (8/10 in mail)
                  8/17 <— Biometric notice
                  8/24 <— Biometrics completed
                  10/19 <— I-485 ("New Card Is Being Produced")
                  10/20 <— I-130 and I-485 ("Case Was Approved")
                  10/22 <— I-130 and I-485 Approval notices received

Comment

• Chicago USCIS PO BOX: How often do they pick up their mail?

I used USPS to send the package to Chicago USCIS PO BOX.
                    The tracking of my AOS and EAD says it "Arrived at Post Office Chicago, IL 60680" on July 18 at 5:46 am.
                    I try to call USPS. No one answer the phone.

Does anyone know how often they pick up their mail?
                    It's been a month I sent the package.
                    And USCIS haven't send me any notice yet.

Thanks!
                    I-130 done online (USC)

16-Jul-2020 - I-485/I-765 mailed to USCIS
                    18-Jul-2020 - Application should be delivered to USCIS, but USPS tracking just said In-Transit (Don't ever use USPS, Fedex is better)
                    18-Aug-2020 - I-797 SMS only, don't know why no email
                    20-Aug-2020 - I-797 Mail
                    22-Aug-2020 - I-693 Medical Deficiency Notice
                    20-Oct-2020 - Call in and USCIS put a request for missing biometircs notice

Comment

Working...
                    X