Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

I filed my green card in April 2020 to Nebraska Service Center. They have applied my previous fingerprints to case in July and after that no news. My EAD is expiring end of December (less than 6 months) and it takes few months to get new one.

When did you file your A5 EAD renewal? Did USCIS accept your case without filing any fees? Do you know if your lawyer put any letters explaining why not paying fees?

Thanks!
    oh ok. People say that Nebraska Service center is faster than Texas Service Center.
    I filed EAD renewal on 1st of july, 2020 and got the receipts on 30th july. USCIS accepted my case without fee. because according to law they are liable to renew EAD without fee as long as my green card application is pending with them. I dont know if my lawyer has submitted a letter or not but i saw him submitting the copy of my green card application and the fee check copy which i have submitted for green card application.
    I did a google search and I know that in my case EAD renewal is without fee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince Ali View Post

How much time they took to renew your EAD? which service center?
      4 months for Texas I just got approved for renewal ead card.

Comment

How much time they took to renew your EAD? which service center?
        I remember I applied in Nov 2019, got approved in April 2020 and received in May 2020.

Even after my EAD is approved, it took more than 3-4 weeks to print and send it to me.

Is your EAD is pending or planning to apply one?

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

I filed my green card in April 2020 to Nebraska Service Center. They have applied my previous fingerprints to case in July and after that no news. My EAD is expiring end of December (less than 6 months) and it takes few months to get new one.

When did you file your A5 EAD renewal? Did USCIS accept your case without filing any fees? Do you know if your lawyer put any letters explaining why not paying fees?

Thanks!
          As you applied your GC in Nebraska Service Center(NSC), I am sure you don't need to apply for EAD.

I am pretty sure that you will be receiving your GC before December or may be Jan or Feb utmost.

FYI The latest GC approved from NSC was for Jan 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

I remember I applied in Nov 2019, got approved in April 2020 and received in May 2020.

Even after my EAD is approved, it took more than 3-4 weeks to print and send it to me.

Is your EAD is pending or planning to apply one?
            Yes. I applied for EAD renewal recently in july, 2020.

Comment

As you applied your GC in Nebraska Service Center(NSC), I am sure you don't need to apply for EAD.

I am pretty sure that you will be receiving your GC before December or may be Jan or Feb utmost.

FYI The latest GC approved from NSC was for Jan 2020
              How did you check the latest GC approval? I only check processing time on USCIS website. is there any other way to check?
              Processing Times on USCIS website is complicated to understand. Sometimes they just rollback the date as it happend recently that when the date arrived at 27 september 2018 the system just rolled back it to August 2018. So not sure how reliable and updated that data is. Now the system is showing 7.5 months to 23 months at Tx center. is it best case scenario and worst case scenario?

Comment

which category did put? A-5 or C9? if C9 then did you send it to the adjusment of status location which is Chicago?????
                July 26, 2019 : AOS Package sent to USCIS
                July 29, 2019 : TEXTS received n credit card charged
                August 5, 2019 : NOA letter received in the mail

Comment

• Originally posted by lolo858585

Luckycharm, I am pending green card since 2019, applied in Tx , Now I want to renew my EAD , which I-94 number should I put? the one I GOT from asylum approval or the last one i entered with 5 years ago?
                  The one you got after asylum was approved.

Comment

Its a long way to go and on top of it, USCIS being furloughed this month ending is confirmed to 99.98%

With that Furlough, the processing times will go up and its TSC which moves very very slow like a sloth.

I hope you get your GC before your EAD is approved.

Comment

• How did you check the latest GC approval? I only check processing time on USCIS website. is there any other way to check?
                      Processing Times on USCIS website is complicated to understand. Sometimes they just rollback the date as it happend recently that when the date arrived at 27 september 2018 the system just rolled back it to August 2018. So not sure how reliable and updated that data is. Now the system is showing 7.5 months to 23 months at Tx center. is it best case scenario and worst case scenario? [/QUOTE]

USCIS providing the processing time is very big deal even though they are not accurate.

New USCIS website is complicated and not user friendly. They using our money to screw us up rather than being friendly and provide accurate information.

I saw someone's post last 2-3 weeks back that they applied in Jan 2020 at NSC and got approved recently.

Blogs are very helpful for us to share and keep posted what's going on with our case and help others in any way possible with their case.

I never got a chance but now I feel like its a time for me to say

THANKS IMMIHELP!!!! immihelp

for providing this platform to interact and help one another.
                      Last edited by luckycharm4111; 08-11-2020, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Hey Guys!

Is it official that USCIS employees will be furloughed in September? I though the furlough was postponed so the government could work on the stimulus package for them by the end of August..
                        Last edited by Jasmine22; 08-11-2020, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post
                          Hey Guys!

Is it official that USCIS employees will be furloughed in September? I though the furlough was postponed so the government could work on the stimulus package for them by the end of August..
                          I heard they will be furloughed too . the talks for stimulus package is stalled and will not move forward anytime soon.

Comment

• Hello folks,
                            it's been so frustrating waiting for i485 to be processed. my timeline is as follow:
                            filed i485 in May,2018
                            biometric accepted in July, 2018
                            case transferred to TSC in Sep, 2018.
                            since then no updates. its been 27 months since i485 filed, and when calling uscis last week they said that case is NOT outside normal processing time!!
                            Does anyone have a similar experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by lolo858585 View Post

which category did put? A-5 or C9? if C9 then did you send it to the adjusment of status location which is Chicago?????
                              My lawyer put A-5 Category and we sent it to Tx service center but they transferred the case to Nebraska Service Center. I received the receipts with the case number starting with LIN. which means Lincoln, Nebraska.

Comment

Its a long way to go and on top of it, USCIS being furloughed this month ending is confirmed to 99.98%

With that Furlough, the processing times will go up and its TSC which moves very very slow like a sloth.

I hope you get your GC before your EAD is approved.
                                Thanks for the best wishes. I hope furloughed will be postponed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X