Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post

im sorry to hear that. I have almost same situation. It is confusing because in the approval letter it says that you can work without EAD with unrestricted SSN. But I guess HR still needs EAD which is stupid. Do you have unrestricted SSN?
    Yes I have unrestricted SSN. I sent them one more email and it seems like they accepted it and asked me to fill I9 form. I just want to make sure about my rights. I think I am eligible to work without EAD but I am confused now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 27march View Post

Yes I have unrestricted SSN. I sent them one more email and it seems like they accepted it and asked me to fill I9 form. I just want to make sure about my rights. I think I am eligible to work without EAD but I am confused now.
      You definitely can because it says on the approval + you have unrestricted SSN

Comment

• Originally posted by Harryusa78674 View Post
        Hi everyone my case got approval on 21 oct 2020 here is my time line applied for i485 on may 30 2018 .June 2nd 2018 application received by Nebraska center ..then after one month biometric done . On oct10 2018 they transferred my case from Nebraska to Texas service center .. then after 29 months I put service request with ombudsman’s and they consider my case and helped me out . And here m today sitting with my green card . Best of luck to u all
        Did you get the card yet. My case was approved on October 22. I haven’t received the card yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

Woooow! Unbelievable! So you're waiting for your Green Card to be approved since April 2020??...It's been 6 months since then and there is still no reply?? Can't believe it's taking so long for you.
          This reply made me crack up. Lol

I applied April 2018 still waiting...Been out of processing time twice, still no reply. TSC. Asylum approval by judge

Comment

Hello it is a urgent situation for me, please help.

I am an asylee and won my case in 2018. But my EAD is returned to uscis office because I moved to another state and they couldn't find me in my adress to deliver EAD to me. So I thought I don't need EAD becase I have the approval letter and it shows I am legal in US and didn't apply for new EAD. I got a job offer this week and they asked for my EAD and I sent them approval letter but they still ask me for EAD. Can't I work without EAD?
            IF YOU ARE AN ASYLEE (ASYLUM GRANTED), YOU DO NOT REQUIRE A EAD, EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION DOCUMENT TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES!

Let's discuss the law, In the HANDBOOK FOR EMPLOYERS M-274 on USCIS, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website SECTION 6.3 REFUGEES AND ASYLEES

Refugees and asylees are authorized to work indefinitely because of their immigration status does not expire.

After being granted ASYLUM in the United States, The Department of Homeland Security issues a FORM I-94, ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE RECORD, to asylees. FORM I-94 will contain a stamp or notation such as "ASYLUM GRANTED INDEFINITELY" or the appropriate provision of the law (8 CFR 274.a.12(a)(5) or INA 208) to show their employment authorization. An ASYLEE can also present an electronic FORM I-94 with an admission class of "AY".

FORM I-94 is an acceptable LIST C document and does not EXPIRE. Asylees who choose to present this document must also present a LIST B identity document, such as state-issued driver's license or identification card.

USCIS issue EADs to asylees. These are acceptable LIST A documents; however, decisions from immigration judges or the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA)i granting asylum are not acceptable LIST C documents because they are not issued by Department of Homeland Security.

IF YOUR EMPLOYER REFUSES TO ACCEPT THE DOCUMENTS AS PROOF OF YOUR WORK AUTHORIZATION,Such a demand is DOCUMENT ABUSE, and should be reported to the Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices.

FEDERAL LAW PROHIBITS UNFAIR DOCUMENTARY practices related to verifying the employment eligibility of employees.

Under the law that IER enforces, when verifying a workers employment authorization, employers of any size are not allowed to demand more or different documents than necessary, request specific documents, or reject reasonably genuine looking documents because of a workers citizenship, immigration status or national origin. This type of discrimination generally happens during the FORM I-9 and E-VERIFY processes. The part of the law that prohibits this type of discrimination is at 8 U.S.C 1324B(A)(6).

IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE SUFFERED THIS FORM OF DISCRIMINATION, FILE A CHARGE HERE https://www.justice.gov/crt/filing-charge OR CALL THE WORKER HOTLINE AT 1 800 255 7688. IF YOUR EMPLOYER HAS QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ANTI-DISCRIMINATION PROVISION OF THE INA, LET THEM CALL THE EMPLOYERS HOTLINE 1 800 25 5 8155

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post
              Did you get the card yet. My case was approved on October 22. I haven’t received the card yet.
              Yes sir I received my card on oct 28 2020

Comment

• hello guys please help me.i got my asylum approval a year ago and i sent my 485. i want to ask about can us consulate in my country see my asylee status?i was F-1 holder and when i check my i94 on website it still says F-1. my mother tried to get us visa 3rd times but they refused bcz of me. if my mother tries to get us visa .is she abe to get bcz i am legal here? and other things is consulate officer tells that i am asylee to my mom bzc i didnt say to her? thank you for help

Comment

• Originally posted by lordofmovers View Post
                  hello guys please help me.i got my asylum approval a year ago and i sent my 485. i want to ask about can us consulate in my country see my asylee status?i was F-1 holder and when i check my i94 on website it still says F-1. my mother tried to get us visa 3rd times but they refused bcz of me. if my mother tries to get us visa .is she abe to get bcz i am legal here? and other things is consulate officer tells that i am asylee to my mom bzc i didnt say to her? thank you for help
                  what did your mother say to them about your status? Did they ask her anything about you?
                  Last edited by 27march; 11-06-2020, 11:30 AM.

Comment

what did your mother say to them about your status? Did they ask her anything about you?
                    she said that i am student but when she went there my status was f-1. she gonna try first time with my asylee status.i want her to try because waiting green card status will be too long at this time

Comment

she said that i am student but when she went there my status was f-1. she gonna try first time with my asylee status.i want her to try because waiting green card status will be too long at this time
                      My mon got her visa last year. They asked my mon what is your son status in USA. My mon told them political asylum.
                      that is it. My mon get 10 years b1/b2. Do not lie to them they know what is your status if you lie to them. Dont try to apply again because if information do not match at first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post

My mon got her visa last year. They asked my mon what is your son status in USA. My mon told them political asylum.
                        that is it. My mon get 10 years b1/b2. Do not lie to them they know what is your status if you lie to them. Dont try to apply again because if information do not match at first time.
                        she is not gonna lie because she doesnt know that i am an asylee i didnt wanna tell her bzc she would think and worry about me everynight.i started work as an engineer in a company.if they ask my status .she is gonna say my son is engineer there.i am wondering that would consulate tell my asylee status to her and would they give visa to her ? what do you think.should i wait till get greencard status or send her to consulate 4rd times? i appreciate for any help
                        Last edited by lordofmovers; 11-07-2020, 02:23 AM.

Comment

she is not gonna lie because she doesnt know that i am an asylee i didnt wanna tell her bzc she would think and worry about me everynight.i started work as an engineer in a company.if they ask my status .she is gonna say my son is engineer there.i am wondering that would consulate tell my asylee status to her and would they give visa to her ? what do you think.should i wait till get greencard status or send her to consulate 4rd times? i appreciate for any help
                          Being an ASYLEE is nothing to be ashamed of, I am a proud recipient of asylum. You are the one screwing up your mothers chances of obtaining a B1/B2 Visa by withholding information from her. If you don't want her to know then wait until you become a U.S. citizen and you either file for her or then let her try to apply for a tourist visa. You cannot want to have it all, You are safe now, so what would she be worried about, unless your application for asylum was frivolous and just way of getting legal status.

Comment

I was F1 student as well and my mom said at the B1/B2 visa interview at the embassy that I was studying in the US while my asylum case was pending and I wasn't studying anymore. She got her first tourist visa to the US and has been able to renew it every three years without any problems ever since. So it might be something else that got your mom's visa denied. It's hard to say what was a decisive factor in your case, but it's always better to tell the truth. They know everything about you anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

Being an ASYLEE is nothing to be ashamed of, I am a proud recipient of asylum. You are the one screwing up your mothers chances of obtaining a B1/B2 Visa by withholding information from her. If you don't want her to know then wait until you become a U.S. citizen and you either file for her or then let her try to apply for a tourist visa. You cannot want to have it all, You are safe now, so what would she be worried about, unless your application for asylum was frivolous and just way of getting legal status.

why you going this way ? if i tell my mom i did asylum she gonna say to my family members then everybody is gonna now .it will be big problem for my mother .they are gonna refuse her too even my aunt or uncle... this is not the reason that i dont see my mom for 5 years bcz i am ashamed of be a asylee... would you say that if you were me? all of country gonna be enemies of my mom?. i dont trust her she %100 would tell my family that i did asylum
                              Last edited by lordofmovers; 11-08-2020, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylver View Post

I was F1 student as well and my mom said at the B1/B2 visa interview at the embassy that I was studying in the US while my asylum case was pending and I wasn't studying anymore. She got her first tourist visa to the US and has been able to renew it every three years without any problems ever since. So it might be something else that got your mom's visa denied. It's hard to say what was a decisive factor in your case, but it's always better to tell the truth. They know everything about you anyway.

i am the only child and my father was passed away i think thats why they refuse her .guys how about if i send a letter to consulate about my mom stuation? i dont want to tell her because it will be dangerous for her. i can send my approval and this kind of letter to consulate like plase give my mother a touroist visa?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X