Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we need to send again I693 form?

Our medical report will be valid for a year. Since, most of us have not received any decision even after a year, our medical report will expire right? Do we need to wait for mail from USCIS? Any idea on that?

Originally posted by treehouse View Post
    No decision yet. 2 months ago, I made a service request through the USCIS website seeking answer to why is my case is outside of normal processing time, I got the email with following response:

We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. We have had to perform additional review and this has caused a delay in processing time. Your case is currently in line for processing and adjudication. Cases are processed in the order in which they were received.

I suspect that was a standard "copy paste" response by the USCIS. I then called them few weeks earlier asking why they still haven't processed my application and the officer asked me to wait one more month (3 months from original inquiry) before they look at it again. So, there's that. I will be calling them soon again and will update here with the response.

One thing I can say for sure, this is normal these days. In other forums I have heard people telling the USCIS takes more than 7 months just to process the EAD. Since we are already allowed to work and travel, we might have been pushed back in the line. In their eyes, processing our application is not an emergency given our permanent work eligibility and ability to travel.

Will be updating soon and hoping same from you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Pman View Post
      Our medical report will be valid for a year. Since, most of us have not received any decision even after a year, our medical report will expire right? Do we need to wait for mail from USCIS? Any idea on that?
      I have no idea if we will need to do it again, but if we have to do again we don't have a chose and spend more money on it. I had a bad lawyer and spent 3x more than necessary. She made an error and sent my application 3x by mistake and I paid 3x for the i-485. I just hope to get it at this time. Good luck to us !

Comment

I guess so

That could be correct. They might ask to submit updated medical report. I am not really sure but when marriage based applicants post their experience, they state that after their interview is over USCIS officer asked for updated medical report. While it is not fair but there isn't anything we can do other than comply.

Comment

Asylum Based i-485

Just want to share my timeline for pending i-485.
          On June 14 2017 Texas service center received my application, biometrics was was done two weeks after. No updated since then .
          My lawyer advised me to go to local congressman office and ask them to make inquiry to USCIS on my behalf. I will go there tomorrow and will be posting my updates here
          Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by treehouse View Post
            That could be correct. They might ask to submit updated medical report. I am not really sure but when marriage based applicants post their experience, they state that after their interview is over USCIS officer asked for updated medical report. While it is not fair but there isn't anything we can do other than comply.
            That is correct. I had to resubmit a medical report since it was more than a year old before getting approves 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Congratulations

Hi Manju1970,
              Nice to hear that your I485 application got approved. At least there is one person in this thread whose application got approved. 😊 When was your application received by USCIS? was it based on grant of asylum and was it from texas service center.

Originally posted by manju1970 View Post
              That is correct. I had to resubmit a medical report since it was more than a year old before getting approves 2 weeks ago.
              - - - Updated - - -

Hi elena007,
              It is really frustrating to wait for so long. Pease keep updating. Wish you a good luck.

Originally posted by elena007 View Post
              On June 14 2017 Texas service center received my application, biometrics was was done two weeks after. No updated since then .
              My lawyer advised me to go to local congressman office and ask them to make inquiry to USCIS on my behalf. I will go there tomorrow and will be posting my updates here
              Thank you

Comment

Hi Manju1970,
                Nice to hear that your I485 application got approved. At least there is one person in this thread whose application got approved. 😊 When was your application received by USCIS? was it based on grant of asylum and was it from texas service center.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi elena007,
                It is really frustrating to wait for so long. Pease keep updating. Wish you a good luck.
                Application was received Dec 21 2016
                Asylum based I-485
                Request for Initial Evidence(Medical) Jan 5 2018
                The wait was killing me
                But good luck guys

Comment

Originally posted by manju1970 View Post
                  Application was received Dec 21 2016
                  Asylum based I-485
                  Request for Initial Evidence(Medical) Jan 5 2018
                  The wait was killing me
                  But good luck guys
                  Thank you for your information. You gave us hope.

Comment

Pending i485 Asylum based

Hello everyone
                    Just wanted to get you my time line

Pending I 485 Asylum based
                    Texas service Center
                    Submit date : 12/31/2016
                    Fingerprint : 02/10/2017
                    RFE for medical was asked : 01/19/18
                    And it?s been 15 days that USCIS received the RFE response but no more updates after status change to Response was received
                    Will inform you if got other actions or approval
                    Hope this was helpful, best of luck to everyone

Comment

USCIS processing times are misleading . Asylum Based i-485

I went to congressman office yesterday and they made few calls to see whats going on. We found out that USCIS processing times are misleading. Real processing times are 2-5 month below that schedule on the website. Here is what they officially replied :"Please note that estimated processing times are processing goals and not a guarantee that I-485 petitions will be processed within the estimated timeframe. " I wish USCIS would make it easier for people to understand where their cases are and provide realistic expectations.
                      They admitted that backlog keeps growing and really huge these days. And they are now implementing some new system that should help to process cases faster.. Will see..
                      Unfortunately even congressmen can't expedite i-485 cases.

Comment

How did you make an appointment with congressman

I went to congressman office yesterday and they made few calls to see whats going on. We found out that USCIS processing times are misleading. Real processing times are 2-5 month below that schedule on the website. Here is what they officially replied :"Please note that estimated processing times are processing goals and not a guarantee that I-485 petitions will be processed within the estimated timeframe. " I wish USCIS would make it easier for people to understand where their cases are and provide realistic expectations.
                        They admitted that backlog keeps growing and really huge these days. And they are now implementing some new system that should help to process cases faster.. Will see..
                        Unfortunately even congressmen can't expedite i-485 cases.
                        I have a quick question. How did you make an appointment to congressman?s office? My I485 has been pending more than a year now. I want to See if it helps in my case by talking to congressman.
                        Last edited by Pman; 02-17-2018, 12:04 AM.

Comment

I have a quick question. How did you make an appointment to congressman?s office? My I485 has been pending more than a year now. I want to See if it helps in my case by talking to congressman.
                          Just google your local congressmen office by your zip code, You will call their office and you will tell them, I have an immigration-related problem. I live in your constituency. Who should I speak with in your office to help me to resolve the immigration problem? They typically have one or two people who are almost permanently committed to helping people with immigration problems.

Comment

Any updates anyone?

Has anyone received any updates on their cases of recent? The Texas Service Center seems to be quite very slow in processing their cases, compared to Nebraska Service Center.

My timeline:

Receive date: March 18 2017
                            Biometrics: April 2017
                            Asylum-based i485.

From what I'm reading it is taking 13 months on average for an approval. That means that I may be expecting my own in April 2018.

Comment

i485 Decision

Thank you
                              Given the recent approval of a member here, it is very likely to expect your green card to be approved around June or July this year.

Comment

I submitted my i485 on 2/18/2017. They received it on 2/26/2018. I had my bio fingerprints in March. Still waiting for the update or Greencard. It's been too LOOOOOOOOOOONG. We paid the fee but the work is so inefficient.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X