No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mailed my GC package on 04/10/2019. No status update yet.

Comment

• Is this a good sign?

Filed on 6th of March.
      Fingerprint 9th of April
      Fingerprint review was completed 15th of April

Thanks!

Comment

• Hi everyone. I want to post my timeline here
        asylum guaranteed: march 2017
        AOS : may 2018
        received EAD card : june 2018 and since then nothing updated i check my uscis app everyday it still show the last status update that my case was received and still in process does anyone know how long its taking for Texas Service Center to process asylum based i485 its almost a year now.and i never received appointment letter for my biometrics. Could it be becoz of that my biometrics fees were waived off thats y I haven

Comment

• March 25 - i-485 package sent
          April 8 - i-485 received / Fingerprint fee received by Nebraska Service Center
          April 15 - Receipt Notice got in mail
          ............................................................ ..

Comment

• Originally posted by chiccat View Post
            Is this a good sign?

Filed on 6th of March.
            Fingerprint 9th of April
            Fingerprint review was completed 15th of April

Thanks!
            You might get card within 6 weeks from now. It's totally great news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post

Hey ! Sorry to hear that. We also applied on March 2018 ! On may we did biometric appointment. Then they transferred the case to Texas service center ( originally was in Nebraska) and since then nothing. Our medical exam also expires in a month. I tried to call them but they told we are in the normal limit of time for processing. Did you try to track your case online ?? What does it says?
              Hello Everyone, I also applied in March 2018, My case was originally in Nebraska as well, then it was transferred to the Texas Service Center for faster processing. I have had no changes either. There is nothing you can do at this time but wait. It doesn't make any sense to call them, I go by the processing times on uscis. USCIS is trying to go fully automated, so they will have more times to process cases they say. I am a asylee with a pending green card.

Comment

Just saw that processing time for Texas changed to June 2016. Have feelings that this never gonna end. They just keep on switching time backwards instead of forwards
                Exactly, I see it too. It goes forward and then backwards. All you have to do is wait. I have been waiting over a year now.

Comment

Congrats on your green card!!!
                  My status didn?t changed.
                  Applied March 2018
                  Fingerprints May 2018
                  Case transferred from Nebraska to Texas on July 2018
                  And it has been nothing since then.
                  Keep myself positive.
                  Same experience here, Applied in the same month and my case transferred same month and year. I agree

Comment

• Originally posted by Culcapc View Post
                    Can an asylee travel abroad before getting Green Card?
                    Asylee are able to travel without restriction with the use of a U.S. Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571) which is used in lieu of a passport. However, if you have a pending Green Card, You will only need your U.S. Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571) to re-enter the United States. However, if you have a criminal record, it is advisable that one seek the services of a licensed attorney at law. I am a Asylee Travel Blogger with rules and requirements for asylees to travel. You are welcome to visit my blog https://asyleetravelguide.blogspot.com/
                    Last edited by Asylee Expert; 05-09-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Hey ! Sorry to hear that. We also applied on March 2018 ! On may we did biometric appointment. Then they transferred the case to Texas service center ( originally was in Nebraska) and since then nothing. Our medical exam also expires in a month. I tried to call them but they told we are in the normal limit of time for processing. Did you try to track your case online ?? What does it says?
                      same experience, there is nothing to do but wait, I guess. Its just pending until they get to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahiaman View Post
                        Hi everyone. I want to post my timeline here
                        asylum guaranteed: march 2017
                        AOS : may 2018
                        received EAD card : june 2018 and since then nothing updated i check my uscis app everyday it still show the last status update that my case was received and still in process does anyone know how long its taking for Texas Service Center to process asylum based i485 its almost a year now.and i never received appointment letter for my biometrics. Could it be becoz of that my biometrics fees were waived off thats y I haven
                        Here is my timeline:
                        asylum granted: Aug 2017
                        I485 filed: Aug 2018
                        current status: Fingerprint review completed (it was actually completed on sept 10, 2018)

since then it has been a waiting game. 7 months has already passed by and still nothing..

Comment

• Originally posted by gunmeikaz View Post

I have the same status with the same date (February 21, 2019), so probably our cases were travelling in the same truck, lol.
                          I will keep you posted.
                          I have the same status. I have both I-730 and I-485 transferred to an asylum office. I filed I-730 in October 2017 and I-485 in March 2018. The I-730 was transferred to Asylum Office in January 2018 while my I-485 was transferred in August 2018. I scheduled appointment with the nearest asylum office and they said both cases are pending and that I have to wait. Spoke to a couple of people and they told me that sending cases to asylum office is rare and would likely prompt further interview. Also my best guess for the transfer is that I filed tax returns in a state (where i went for work) and not my 'home' state. I later changed my address after I was granted asylum and filed both cases with the new address. I now moved into a third sate and filed change of address. So I am waiting for decision in my third state.

Anyway, this is just my guess. All we can do at this time seems to wait. It would also be good idea to approach a lawyer and seek their advise, or may be not?

Good luck to both of you and feel not so much worried because you are not alone (it happens).

Comment

• Originally posted by sam1000 View Post

Here is my timeline:
                            asylum granted: Aug 2017
                            I485 filed: Aug 2018
                            current status: Fingerprint review completed (it was actually completed on sept 10, 2018)

since then it has been a waiting game. 7 months has already passed by and still nothing..
                            We are in a close timeline.
                            I applied in October 2018
                            Finger prints - November
                            Fingerprints review completed - February 25
                            No updates since=(

Comment

• Originally posted by dkd08 View Post

I have the same status. I have both I-730 and I-485 transferred to an asylum office. I filed I-730 in October 2017 and I-485 in March 2018. The I-730 was transferred to Asylum Office in January 2018 while my I-485 was transferred in August 2018. I scheduled appointment with the nearest asylum office and they said both cases are pending and that I have to wait. Spoke to a couple of people and they told me that sending cases to asylum office is rare and would likely prompt further interview. Also my best guess for the transfer is that I filed tax returns in a state (where i went for work) and not my 'home' state. I later changed my address after I was granted asylum and filed both cases with the new address. I now moved into a third sate and filed change of address. So I am waiting for decision in my third state.

Anyway, this is just my guess. All we can do at this time seems to wait. It would also be good idea to approach a lawyer and seek their advise, or may be not?

Good luck to both of you and feel not so much worried because you are not alone (it happens).
                              I would say don't worry about address change, taxes, etc.
                              I heard a lot of similar stories and address change never was causing any problems

Comment

• Guys, question. What is the standard processing time for i-485, after what time you can start calling them?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X