Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alan83 View Post
    Hi guys, it’s been 8 months since my finger review was completed, still no update, gotta be patient. my question is, for many of you already received your GC, does date on your card show the same date your asylum approved or from the date your card produced ? Many thanks.
    The date on gc is date of i485 approval - 1 year.
    Did you file to Nebraska?

Comment

• Thank you. I filed i485 to TSC

Comment

• Originally posted by Csalama View Post
        Update on my case
        I asked here for help few weeks ago. I want to update you on what happened and share my timeline with you. I applied with Texas service center.
        Jan 2017 asylum was approved
        Jan 2018 applied for Green card
        3/9/2019 Recieved request for intial evidence in the mail
        [ missing address on I485 and inquiry about the public assitance I received in the past as I forgot to mention it in the original form] . I did not fill another form. I did not ask a lawyer. But, I called the customer service and they transfered me to level 2 officer who told me not to fill another form and just answer the questions. So, I just wrote a cover letter.
        3/14/2019 sent the response to the USCIS
        3/16/2019 Response was delivered according to the USPS
        3/27/2019 Status update online. New card is produced

I need help with request for additional evidence

I filled I- 485 form one year ago and I received today a request for additional evidence. They need some clarification on the form I submitted. Do I need to fill the whole application again or just wrirs a letter with the answers they want? Can someone please help do the right thing or share your experience. Thanks in advance
        Hi everyone! I wondering if medi-call considered as public assistance. I put “yes” and info in my form, that I possibly receiving the public assistance in form of medi-cal but not sure if it is. Please help if someone know. Also, will be grateful if you’ll provide more about the inquire that you got. Thank you so much. PS my fingerprints review was completed about an 80 days before.

Comment

• Hey everyone! I’m wondering if there any approvals recently? Particularly interested in cases March and April 2018 fillers. Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
            Hey everyone! I’m wondering if there any approvals recently? Particularly interested in cases March and April 2018 fillers. Thank you
            I filed in Aug 2018 (TSC). Nothing as of yet. Still waiting. I heard that current waiting time there is 12-14 months. Thanks.

Comment

• Thanks for responding! I already passed the 14 month! Also in TSC . I think it’s unfair. First we waited 3 years to get an asylum interview then a year after and now almost 1.5 years and still nothing.

Comment

Thanks for responding! I already passed the 14 month! Also in TSC . I think it’s unfair. First we waited 3 years to get an asylum interview then a year after and now almost 1.5 years and still nothing.
                If you have been waiting for that long then I definitely recommend you to reach out to the local congressman and see if they would be able to help in any way. I have not reached out to the congressman for my i485 application but I did reach out to them in the past for my EAD applications.

Comment

Hey everyone! I’m wondering if there any approvals recently? Particularly interested in cases March and April 2018 fillers. Thank you
                  Nope, I filed in March 2018. My case was transferred for faster processing to Texas Service Center in July 2018. I have not heard from them since.

Comment

Thanks for responding! I already passed the 14 month! Also in TSC. I think it’s unfair. First, we waited 3 years to get an asylum interview then a year after and now almost 1.5 years and still nothing.
                    No. I applied in the begining of May 2018. Transferred from Nebraska in July 2018 too... no new since then,,

Comment

• Originally posted by cheremuha View Post

No. I applied in the begining of May 2018. Transferred from Nebraska in July 2018 too... no new since then,,
                      I thought I’m the only one who got transferred and waiting that long . You think if I will contact congressman it could speed up the process? What’s your thoughts about turning to congressman in general?

Comment

I thought I’m the only one who got transferred and waiting that long . You think if I will contact congressman it could speed up the process? What’s your thoughts about turning to congressman in general?
                        I don't know about congressman...
                        I applied for Green Card through my lawyer, so I just asked him to contact immigration. Will see if it will work..

Comment

• Originally posted by cheremuha View Post

I don't know about congressman...
                          I applied for Green Card through my lawyer, so I just asked him to contact immigration. Will see if it will work..

Please let us know if this will make any change. Thank you

Comment

• My timeline
                            03/05 2019 sent i-485/ EAD/RTD
                            04/03 2019 got receipt notice Texas USCIS

04/15 2019only RTD tranfer to Nebraska office
                            04/26 2019 USCIS took my money from my credit card
                            and status change to be fingerprinted fee was received
                            04/29 2019 note for fingerprints for RTD
                            05/23 2019 EAD card was approved and pick up by USPS

Comment

Hi Sabinan,

Me and my wife filed i485 at TCS on Aug 2018. I was the primary applicant and my wife was derivative. After all this wait my wife’s status changed to “Card Production” yesterday however my application still says “fingerprint review completed”.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam1000 View Post

Hi Sabinan,

Me and my wife filed i485 at TCS on Aug 2018. I was the primary applicant and my wife was derivative. After all this wait my wife’s status changed to “Card Production” yesterday however my application still says “fingerprint review completed”.

thank you for your response. That’s insane when they do this . Hopefully you will get your GC soon. For me it’s the same quite as it was same for my wife and a kid

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X