Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aisabini View Post
    Thanks guys,wish you all the best too.
    Few people go in for green card interview and we were one of them,overall it was okay and the key is honesty
    Congrats! What was your green card interview about?

Comment

Thanks guys,wish you all the best too.
      Few people go in for green card interview and we were one of them,overall it was okay and the key is honesty
      Is it the same scenario as Asylum interview? How long does it take?

Comment

• yes,basically touched on bit of asylum story again ,employment,school for kiddo etc. it took about 20 mins each,like i said with honesty your story will be consistent and the officers are very kind.
        Good luck guys

Comment

• Hi Guys, I had great news. I just got the Green Card. My I-485 timelines:
          07/14/19 I-485 application submitted
          07/16/19 UCCIS received, case allocated to Nebraska Service Center, Credit Card Charged
          08/02/19 Biometrics appointment letter
          08/14/19 Walk-in biometrics in the USCIS support center
          08/16/19 Fingerprint review was completed
          11/22/19 I-485 application was approved
          11/29/19 GC in hand

It seems Nebraska Service Center processes Green Card applications much faster than any other service center. I didn't expect I could get GC so soon, not to mention I had a speeding ticket that had been dismissed before the application.
          Last edited by petendt; 11-30-2019, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by petendt View Post
            Hi Guys, I had great news. I just got the Green Card. My I-485 timelines:
            07/16/19 UCCIS received, case allocated to Nebraska Service Center, Credit Card Charged
            11/29/19 GC in hand

It seems Nebraska Service Center processes Green Card applications much faster than any other service center. I didn't expect I could get GC so soon, not to mention I had a speeding ticket that had been dismissed before the application.
            Congratulations! NSC is definitely faster than TSC (3 times as fast). NSC is taking about 4 months on average to approve I485 applications and about 4.5 to 5 months on average to approve I131 (travel document) applications.

Comment

11/29/19 GC in hand

Congratulations!! I think you have one of the fastest timeframe

Comment

yes,basically touched on bit of asylum story again ,employment,school for kiddo etc. it took about 20 mins each,like i said with honesty your story will be consistent and the officers are very kind.
                Good luck guys
                Thanks for sharing. I thought they would go over the application one more time to make sure if country condition hasn't changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick213 View Post

Congratulations!! I think you have one of the fastest timeframe
                  Thank you! It made my Thanksgiving holiday complete.

Comment

11/29/19 GC in hand

Congratulations!!! Where did you apply and did you have an interview? Thanks for your reply in advance!
                    Last edited by Bek0107; 12-01-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bek0107 View Post

Congratulations!!! Where did you apply and did you have an interview? Thanks for your reply in advance!
                      SF Bay Area. I didn't have an interview with USCIS for approval of I-485 application.

Comment

SF Bay Area. I didn't have an interview with USCIS for approval of I-485 application.
                        Are you principle or derivative asylee?

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Are you principle or derivative asylee?
                          Did you mean principal? Yes

Comment

Did you mean principal? Yes
                            Yep, sorry for the typo.
                            Congrats again!!!

Comment

I'm in the bay area too. Applied Oct/2019. Hopefully it'll be approved just as fast as yours. Congrats.

Comment

• Hi y'all

Did anyone applied for a GC based on asylee status along an I-602 (Application By Refugee For Waiver of Grounds of Excludability) form?

ps.: Specifically under 212(a)(2)(A)(i)(II) - INADMISSIBILITY DUE TO CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE VIOLATIONS

I was convicted in my home country for smoking a **** joint.

In addition, I saw on one of the previous threads that it's possible to apply for citizenship earlier if married with a US citizen. I've been married for over three years now with a US citizen. Can anyone comment on that?

Thanks a lot for your help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X