Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hooshi1 View Post

Do you know if I also can apply for EAD while my i485is pending for free?
    It has been a year now that my i485 is pending. My EAD will expire in April and my travel document will expire in May. Do you think that if apply for both and send my I797 with that they send me both? I need to have an EAD since I will start a new job in July, I do not want to pay $500 again for a new EAD
    The question has been already answered and you also answered the question yourself. Yes, you can apply for an EAD while your permanent residence application is pending. If you are an asylee, you do not require an EAD. Your grant of asylum documentation is enough to fulfill the I-9 Form requirements. If your case has been pending over a year. You will need to reach out to your senator to look into the matter for you.

Comment

Do you know if I also can apply for EAD while my i485is pending for free?
      It has been a year now that my i485 is pending. My EAD will expire in April and my travel document will expire in May. Do you think that if apply for both and send my I797 with that they send me both? I need to have an EAD since I will start a new job in July, I do not want to pay $500 again for a new EAD
      You can definitely apply for EAD for free with pending i485 based on asylum. I did it last year, to the form I also attached my explanation letter (not sure if it's required).
      At the end in the letter from USCIS amount due was $0.
      And also it took me 5 months of waiting.

Comment

• Hi guys, quick update. I submitted request to the ombudsman office, and after about a month, here is the reply:
        "...
        We have reviewed your request for case assistance.
        While we understand your concerns, our review indicates that your case is within normal processing times as posted on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website at https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/. Because your case is currently within normal processing times, our office will be closing this matter. USCIS is now processing applications that er revei
        ..."
        So basically there is no new information.

Also I submitted e-request to USCIS, and received the similar reply, stating that case is within a normal processing time.

And last one is request to my local senator/congressman, not sure how to call. I sent a mail about 2 months ago (as well as online) and still no reply.

So my status right now is 16 month passed and status of my i-485 case is "Fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 have been applied to your case" Texas office.

Comment

• Hi group thanks for posting all your experiences. Been a silent reader for a while and reading your experience really helps. I got an RFE on my asylum based i-485 and am waiting for the letter. As read through the forum I think it might be medical. I did not submit medical test since it said on the website no need to submit unless USCIS asks for it.

Anyone knows any other reasons for Asylum based RFE's Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by bintimish View Post
            Hi group thanks for posting all your experiences. Been a silent reader for a while and reading your experience really helps. I got an RFE on my asylum based i-485 and am waiting for the letter. As read through the forum I think it might be medical. I did not submit medical test since it said on the website no need to submit unless USCIS asks for it.

You have answered your own question. If you didn't submit a medical, it means they are now requesting it now to be able to approve your application for permanent residence. Ofcourse, unless they are other things you believe you had left out that they might be requesting now. I wish you well!

Comment

• Originally posted by bintimish View Post
              Hi group thanks for posting all your experiences. Been a silent reader for a while and reading your experience really helps. I got an RFE on my asylum based i-485 and am waiting for the letter. As read through the forum I think it might be medical. I did not submit medical test since it said on the website no need to submit unless USCIS asks for it.

why you didn't submit medical report in the initial application? most likely that is the reason for the RFI

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

You have answered your own question. If you didn't submit a medical, it means they are now requesting it now to be able to approve your application for permanent residence. Ofcourse, unless they are other things you believe you had left out that they might be requesting now. I wish you well!
                Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick213 View Post

why you didn't submit medical report in the initial application? most likely that is the reason for the RFI
                  on USCIS website it said you don't have to send medical with i-485 unless USCIS asks for it. I thought it was optional.

Comment

The question has been already answered and you also answered the question yourself. Yes, you can apply for an EAD while your permanent residence application is pending. If you are an asylee, you do not require an EAD. Your grant of asylum documentation is enough to fulfill the I-9 Form requirements. If your case has been pending over a year. You will need to reach out to your senator to look into the matter for you.
                    Thank you for responding me back.

I have already reached out to both my senator and a congressman. I just received a forwarded email from USCIS through my Senator's office, and they basically repeated the answer that your case is not out of normal processing time and they're working on November 2017 right now. Nothing helpful

Comment

• I feel so helpless, I submit my case 2018/4, nothing update until now

Comment

Thank you for responding me back.

I have already reached out to both my senator and a congressman. I just received a forwarded email from USCIS through my Senator's office, and they basically repeated the answer that your case is not out of normal processing time and they're working on November 2017 right now. Nothing helpful
                        How long have you been waiting for your permanent residence approval? I cannot recall if you provided any helpful information. What state are you in? Have you been waiting over a year? There are factors why you could have received such a response. I have seen several cases where it worked, You have to be detail atleast for me or others to make an opinion of your what you are doing.

Comment

How long have you been waiting for your permanent residence approval? I cannot recall if you provided any helpful information. What state are you in? Have you been waiting over a year? There are factors why you could have received such a response. I have seen several cases where it worked, You have to be detail atleast for me or others to make an opinion of your what you are doing.
                          I have some situation with him, I tried all the way, but the answer always still in process. Feel so helpless, I waiting for the result almost 2 years.

Comment

It is a little over one year now that I am waiting. I am from Maryland and I filed my application for Texas Service Center.

Comment

It is a little over one year now that I am waiting. I am from Maryland and I filed my application for Texas Service Center.
                              You have answered your own question that's the reason why there was no action on your regarding its approval. You are not paying attention to nothing I said. You have to use wisdom and discretion. If you believe you are out of options, sue the government for your approval. Kindly, re-read the information I posted. Thanks!

Comment

You have answered your own question that's the reason why there was no action on your regarding its approval. You are not paying attention to nothing I said. You have to use wisdom and discretion. If you believe you are out of options, sue the government for your approval. Kindly, re-read the information I posted. Thanks!
                                I don't think it is a good idea to do it right now. As it is only over a year now for Hooshi1 but the current processing time shows as 7 - 28 months which is within the current processing time.

I know I'm also once of you and feels the same but when I think logically

All we need to have patience because USCIS is trying there best to do it (make the decision).

FYI I am not taking the sides here.

If the receipt date falls outside the processing time then it make sense but currently it doesn't make any sense

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X