No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guys quick question. I recently got my EAD for 1-year validity with pending I485. In the past I used to get 2 years valid EAD. One of my friend applied same time as i and got 2 years valid EAD. anyone has an insight into this and tell me why I got only 1 year valid card

Comment

• From july-September 2019
      4 months
      i-485 application from asylee, refugee, Indo Chinese, and Cuban refugee
      Texas office only 930 cases were approved and 27k is pending
      the Nebraska office 12k case were approved 30k is pending

this is is insane.

Comment

• What is wrong with TSC? While Nebraska doing extremely well to solve as much cases as possible!

Comment

• Originally posted by antihistamine View Post
          guys quick question. I recently got my EAD for 1-year validity with pending I485. In the past I used to get 2 years valid EAD. One of my friend applied same time as i and got 2 years valid EAD. anyone has an insight into this and tell me why I got only 1 year valid card
          It is not important! You don't need a Employment Authorization Document to work if you are an asylee. To work, you will only need to have a State ID or Driver's license and a Social Security Card.

Comment

• MAINTAINING YOUR PERMANENT RESIDENCY STATUS IN THE UNITED STATES.

Once you have obtained permanent resident status, you will continue to be a permanent resident unless your status changes as provided under U.S. immigration law. One way you can lose permanent resident status is by abandoning it. You can abandon your permanent resident status by leaving the United States to live abroad permanently with the intent of giving up your permanent resident status. Your conduct will demonstrate your actual intent.

There are some things you can do to decrease the possibility that the U.S. government will find that you have abandoned your status:
            • Do not leave the United Status for an extended period of time unless the circumstances show that your trip is for a temporary purpose (for example, to attend a school, take a temporary job, or care for a family member). If you are absent for year or longer, you cannot use your Permanent Resident Card to enter the United States.
            • If something happens that delays your return, be prepared to explain the reason(s) for the delay.
            • File federal and, if applicable, state, and local income tax returns.
            • Register with the Selective Service if you are a male between the ages of 18 and 26.
            • Give your new address to USCIS within 10 days of each time you move.
            Compiled from: Welcome to the United States, A Guide for New Immigrants, Pages: 16 https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/nativedocuments/M-618.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by antihistamine View Post
              guys quick question. I recently got my EAD for 1-year validity with pending I485. In the past I used to get 2 years valid EAD. One of my friend applied same time as i and got 2 years valid EAD. anyone has an insight into this and tell me why I got only 1 year valid card
              I think you got one year EAD now because as it is a GC Category which is C09.

Earlier it was Asylee Category(C05) that's why you got 2 years validity.

I heard and seen lot of people getting only one year instead of 2 years validity under C09.

Comment

• Any update for the May, 2019 filers at Texas Service Center (TSC) ?

I'm still waiting for the update and never got any update on my case.

The only status shows on my case was Fingerprint Fee received on May 15

Comment

• Same!

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post
                    Any update for the May, 2019 filers at Texas Service Center (TSC) ?

Hi, no updates ( November 2018 TSC)

Comment

I think you got one year EAD now because as it is a GC Category which is C09.

Earlier it was Asylee Category(C05) that's why you got 2 years validity.

I heard and seen lot of people getting only one year instead of 2 years validity under C09.
                      I don't agree! I applied with A05 and I received a 1 year Employment Authorization Document. Not all of the officers appears to be consistent with their decision making on applications.

Comment

2018.04 no update

Comment

applied in Jan 2019-no updates

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

I don't agree! I applied with A05 and I received a 1 year Employment Authorization Document. Not all of the officers appears to be consistent with their decision making on applications.
                            Wow, that's interesting to know.

Comment

• Thank you all for your reply. After your messages, TSC is lag behind in making the decisions especially for Asylum based GC and I hope we all get our decisions soon.
                              Last edited by luckycharm4111; 01-21-2020, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Hello everyone.
                                I submit my i485 in May 2019. I have been waiting for 8 months now since the last update. I have a friend who got the permanent resident in 3 months. However, her case was processed by Nebraska Service Center instead of Texas, so maybe that is why. Something weird about my application is that I never renewed my fingerprints, instead, I received a letter from USCIS saying that they will use my previous record from when I applied for Asylum. So far there are no updates so we need to keep waiting. I have only waited 8 months so far but I read here that there is people that have been waiting for 18 months. That is crazy!

Good luck everyone! I will keep you updated

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X