No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, Jamming1920 Bobby69 may I ask you a Q - did you submit your applications to NSC because of their fast processing or it is your area’s service center?

Comment

• Originally posted by garbage View Post

if I get my approval 2 weeks after my biometrics I will name my kid after Mekus21
      haha...thanks. Goodluck

Comment

• Originally posted by Fru-Fru View Post
        Hi, Jamming1920 Bobby69 may I ask you a Q - did you submit your applications to NSC because of their fast processing or it is your area’s service center?
        People keep making this mistake and will continue to. NSC's jurisdiction is based on where the applicant lives at the time of filing and it does not process applications based on who sends what to NSC. For both of you who sent your applications to NSC, between the 3rd to 5th month mark when they got to your files they realized that they do not have jurisdiction over the states you live in and thus transferred your applications to TSC that has jurisdiction over your files, only delaying your cases further. You NEED to have an address on file with USCIS in any of the states below before filing your I485 to have it processed at NSC:

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington state (not DC), Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Moving to any state above under NSC while your i485 case is pending at TSC will NOT work. If you want your I485 application processed at NSC, you NEED to move and/or update your residential address online to any of the states under NSC's jurisdiction online BEFORE you file. Or, using a relative's address in any of the states will suffice. This should be done before you file. Then file your I485 afterwards. NSC will adjudicate on it when it gets to your turn. Plenty folks I know saved a lot of time and got their green cards in 4 months or less at NSC this way.

My 2 cents.
        Last edited by mekus21; 02-17-2020, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fru-Fru View Post
          Hi, Jamming1920 Bobby69 may I ask you a Q - did you submit your applications to NSC because of their fast processing or it is your area’s service center?
          I sent it to where I was told based on where I live. At the time I submitted it I don't even know if Nebraska was processing faster than Texas

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamming1920 View Post

I sent it to where I was told based on where I live. At the time I submitted it I don't even know if Nebraska was processing faster than Texas
            Hm, that’s even more frustrating .

Comment

• Hi!

I need your help. Reading a lot of post I noticed about the importance to have a Travel Document even if you received your green card. I submitted my case for I-485 in Nov 2019 trough my lawyer but I didn’t know anything about the Travel Document. I would like to do that by myself. Do you think it’s possible to do that even if I already submitted the I-485?

Comment

• Hi Jeor11 ! Just wait a bit and you can travel anywhere with your GC. But if there is an urgency then you definitely need a Travel Document and yes, you can do it by yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAnonymous View Post
                  Pretty Fast Actually
                  lol

Comment

• I applied for Green Card on April 17th, 2019 with TSC.

After one week, I received a notice saying that they gonna reuse my previous bio metrics.

On Feb 14th, 2020 I received the letter asking to show up for bio metrics appointment.

I believe this looks like the system generated notice whose bio metrics is older than 1 year or more.

I am not sure how many bio metrics do we have to do till we get the GC. lol
                    Last edited by luckycharm4111; 03-18-2020, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeor11 View Post
                      Hi!

I need your help. Reading a lot of post I noticed about the importance to have a Travel Document even if you received your green card. I submitted my case for I-485 in Nov 2019 trough my lawyer but I didn’t know anything about the Travel Document. I would like to do that by myself. Do you think it’s possible to do that even if I already submitted the I-485?
                      Yes you can do that by yourself and you don't need to pay the fee because your I485 is pending. All you need to do is fill out the form I131, attach required documents PLUS a copy of your I485 receipt notice and send to the right address (no need to worry about being processed at TSC as almost all states, if not all, in the US are under NSC in terms of I131 cases) and the processing time is about 3 to 5 months.

Also, if for any reason your I485 is still pending after your I131 expires after 1 year (hopefully not, but TSC processing of I485s could take pretty long), you could renew your I131 for free without paying the fee as long as you attach a copy of your pending I485.

Goodluck.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post
                        I applied for Green Card on May 17th, 2019 with TSC.

After one week, I received a notice saying that they gonna reuse my previous bio metrics.

On Feb 14th, 2020 I received the letter asking to show up for bio metrics appointment.

I believe this looks like the system generated notice whose bio metrics is older than 1 year or more.

Hi! I submitted my AOS application on September of last year and I was also notified by USCIS that were going to use my asylum fingerprints. Last Saturday (Feb 15th) I got a biometrics appointment notice. I'm a little confused?

I'm thinking maybe because of the huge backlog they are trying to see who is really still processing their AOS? Because it says that if you don't show up your case will be considered as 'abandoned'.

Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by mmbt View Post

Hi! I submitted my AOS application on September of last year and I was also notified by USCIS that were going to use my asylum fingerprints. Last Saturday (Feb 15th) I got a biometrics appointment notice. I'm a little confused?

I'm thinking maybe because of the huge backlog they are trying to see who is really still processing their AOS? Because it says that if you don't show up your case will be considered as 'abandoned'.

Any thoughts?
                          I feel like its not the person (manual) update. Its probably the system update that why we see lot of people getting the bio metrics notice.

That's the generic message you see it on the bio metrics. When my husband got his bio metrics, it was there and even when I did my RTD, I have seen the same message.

They would have pushed the new feature in their software. May be it happen because of that.

I know its there internal thing and you may be right too.

All we want is to process faster and get the GC ASAP.
                          Last edited by luckycharm4111; 02-17-2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• I got the same situation. Received a letter from USCIS asking me to do my fingerprints again but my case was still at"All fingerprints taken and the case is in process".
                            I called my lawyer and she said it is a good sign.They needed updated FP to do background check again and then will be able to approve your case after the BG check.She said "i have seen this thing a lot of times in past getting letters for fingerprints again and after FP getting the GC in mail in 2-3 weeks".

So anyone who got the letter consider yourself lucky.
                            And keep your hopes high

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post
                              I applied for Green Card on May 17th, 2019 with TSC.

yes, looks like system generated update. One of my friend got similar update some weeks ago applying from TSC

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post
                                I got the same situation. Received a letter from USCIS asking me to do my fingerprints again but my case was still at"All fingerprints taken and the case is in process".
                                I called my lawyer and she said it is a good sign.They needed updated FP to do background check again and then will be able to approve your case after the BG check.She said "i have seen this thing a lot of times in past getting letters for fingerprints again and after FP getting the GC in mail in 2-3 weeks".

So anyone who got the letter consider yourself lucky.
                                And keep your hopes high
                                Got mine today
                                Last edited by Bek0107; 02-18-2020, 03:22 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X