Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post
    In case someone wants to know:

I filed my EAD under A5 category (not C9) while my I-485 through asylum is pending.

I did not pay any fees just included my I-485 receipt.

My case was accepted and I got receipt number.

I filed to Phoenix Lockbox with Nebraska Service Center jurisdiction - I live in California.
    Thanks for sharing. Is this your first time EAD under A05 category or renewal ?

I applied for the EAD renewal with my I-485 receipt at Texas Service Center.

I am sure it will take around 5-6 months to process according to the processing time.

I hope I get the new EAD by the time my current EAD expires.

I don't want to talk about GC at Texas service center whenever I think about it, it really hurts

As everyone knows it is currently taking minimum 2.5 years - 4 years at TSC where as NSC is taking 6months - 1 year as we have seen here
    Last edited by luckycharm4111; 09-11-2020, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

It was renewal, the first one was mailed to me right after asylum was approved , i didn't apply for it.

This one would be second one (renewal).

Comment

I applied for the EAD renewal with my I-485 receipt at Texas Service Center.

I am sure it will take around 5-6 months to process according to the processing time.

I hope I get the new EAD by the time my current EAD expires.

I don't want to talk about GC at Texas service center whenever I think about it, it really hurts

As everyone knows it is currently taking minimum 2.5 years - 4 years at TSC where as NSC is taking 6months - 1 year as we have seen here
        Where did you get the information about 2.5 - 4 years? We know of TSC applicants that have recently received their Green Cards back in May of this year when they were waiting for nearly 15 months. Some wait for less, some wait for longer. There is no fixed length, nor that applications are processed in the order they were received, which is clearly false.

The maximum amount of time USCIS lists on its website is 31.5 months, which is slightly over 2.5 years TOPS. If nothing happens, they usually provide a reply within 60 days or so. I would also not forget about the pandemic, the furloughs, and the upcoming election that I am sure plays some role in the waiting times we are in.

Where did you get the information for about 4 years? Is this information legit? I would stay away from exaggerating the information. Stating this, you disinform people and make them feel bad about their already challenging waiting times.

The virus will weaken one day. The USCIS will go back to work. The elections will be over. All of these should have a positive effect. Let's stay positive!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

Where did you get the information about 2.5 - 4 years? We know of TSC applicants that have recently received their Green Cards back in May of this year when they were waiting for nearly 15 months. Some wait for less, some wait for longer. There is no fixed length, nor that applications are processed in the order they were received, which is clearly false.

The maximum amount of time USCIS lists on its website is 31.5 months, which is slightly over 2.5 years TOPS. If nothing happens, they usually provide a reply within 60 days or so. I would also not forget about the pandemic, the furloughs, and the upcoming election that I am sure plays some role in the waiting times we are in.

Where did you get the information for about 4 years? Is this information legit? I would stay away from exaggerating the information. Stating this, you disinform people and make them feel bad about their already challenging waiting times.

The virus will weaken one day. The USCIS will go back to work. The elections will be over. All of these should have a positive effect. Let's stay positive!
          I have been on this blog from so long and from the peoples post around here I did that estimations. Couple of months back, I have seen the case who filed in 2016 March and got their Green card in 2020. The recent approval I have seen was November and December 2018 but I don't remember seeing any approval who filed in May 2019. I heard people talking about it. So, its hear say but he/she is not from this blog.

I may be wrong too but this is just my opinion how I feel but we should understand that it will get more worst because of the elections, budget issues etc...
          Last edited by luckycharm4111; 09-15-2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Hello Guys, some progress here. My form I-485 status just changed to "request for initial evidence". Last time I got an update was in FEB and it was for my second finger print. What does this mean? and my application centre is texas service center.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAnonymous View Post
              Hello Guys, some progress here. My form I-485 status just changed to "request for initial evidence". Last time I got an update was in FEB and it was for my second finger print. What does this mean? and my application centre is texas service center.
              Congrats!!

Could it be an expired medical exam, which usually expires in two years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

Congrats!!

Could it be an expired medical exam, which usually expires in two years?
                Wow, I guess it is finally moving !!! Thank you so much. I'm not sure if is related to an expired medical, I Just have to wait for the package

Comment

• Hi guys,

New to the forum but have dug through the majority of the posts here to see other's experience. Pretty close to filing I485 & currently located in a state where my application gets sent to Dallas Lockbox. I consulted with two different lawyers (100% immigration focused) thinking my application goes to TSC for sure, but they both mentioned that there is no way to know which service center (between TSC and NSC) the AOS application get sent to after it gets to a lockbox (regardless of Dallas or Phoenix).

This information is contradictory from what I have seen here. Anyways, I was just wondering for any members here that mentioned your case get sent to service centers based on your physical location, I was wondering what's the source of such statement?P.s. I am genuinely interested because I am like everyone here, hoping the case gets processed as fast as possible, not trying to argue or anything. Perhaps other's lawyers know something my potential lawyer might not know, idk...

Thank you all for your input!!

Comment

Hello Guys, some progress here. My form I-485 status just changed to "request for initial evidence". Last time I got an update was in FEB and it was for my second finger print. What does this mean? and my application centre is texas service center.
                    Congrats!
                    when did you apply?

Comment

Congrats!!! I am glad to hear that your case is moving.

Mostly it would be either one year presence evidence or the Birth Certificate.

If they are asking for Medical Exam (I-693) then you should have applied before September 2018.

Either way, You are one step away from your GC.
                      Last edited by luckycharm4111; 09-15-2020, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post

Congrats!
                        when did you apply?
                        Hello there, I applied In march 2019

Comment

Congrats!!! I am glad to hear that your case is moving.

Mostly it would be either one year presence evidence or the Birth Certificate.

If they are asking for Medical Exam (I-693) then you should have applied before September 2018.

Either way, You are one step away from your GC.
                          I'm so glad to hear this. I applied in 2019 so probably not going to be medicals

Comment

Hello there, I applied In march 2019
                            WOW GOOD!! I applied in May 2019. You renewed my hope lol. Don’t forget to keep us posted

Comment

• MrAnonymous Hi congrats, your case is moving
                              may i know, you get granted asylum from IJ or USCIS officer?
                              thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Follower View Post
                                Hi Guys,

My wife got the green card yesterday, this is the timeline. TSC

Applied GC: August, 2016
                                RFE received: March 27, 2020
                                RFE sent: March 30, 2020 (Medical)
                                card produced: April 22, 2020
                                Received Card Yesterday

I have mine pending with TSC, applied in June, 2019.
                                Jasmine22 This is the one I was talking about which took 4 years to process GC at Texas Service Center

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X