No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby69 can you share the timeline of your family member? And they get granted from IJ or USCIS officer?

thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby69 View Post
      I want to share some update for Texas service center.A member of my family replied to RFE ON August 2020.And his status changed today new card is being produced. I am still waiting for mine since 2018. No update on mine since the biometrics done in 2018.we both applied together
      Congrats!!!

Did you get any RFE too ?

I am sure it is a really good sign that you are not far from getting GC.

Comment

• I gonna file my I 485 on Sep 28th. I wish I can get approval in 4 months because my wife non-immigrant status will expire in July 2021. I have to file 130 and 485 for her so that she can stay here instead of going back to our country.

Comment

• Originally posted by KamlamLA View Post
          I gonna file my I 485 on Sep 28th. I wish I can get approval in 4 months because my wife non-immigrant status will expire in July 2021. I have to file 130 and 485 for her so that she can stay here instead of going back to our country.
          It is possible to get the GC if you file your 485 at Nebraska Service Center. It is taking maximum 1 year to get GC.

But Texas Service Center, it will take years to get the GC unfortunately I am one of them

Comment

I gonna file my I 485 on Sep 28th. I wish I can get approval in 4 months because my wife non-immigrant status will expire in July 2021. I have to file 130 and 485 for her so that she can stay here instead of going back to our country.
            Nope you are not a us citizen. You can file only i-130 and wait until it approved then file i-485 . It take around one year. You wife have to go back.

Comment

For I130 and I485 concurrent filing, it seems that your I485 will be processed only I 130 approval.
              That is why I asked early time Whether I 131 be approval before I 485 approval.
              I130 or I140 is certainly yes. I131 do not know.
              I advise you ask about a professional attorney about your wife's question. Know more, do better.
              Last edited by Goldbear in CA; 09-25-2020, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Guys,

A fun or not so fun fact to mention here.. Almost one year ago, back in November 2019 to be more exact, I have posted a comment on the forum that they are "currently working on cases as of February 2018".

Almost a year passed and if you look on the website it still says that they are currently working on cases as of February 2018. Based on the information, ONE YEAR passed and they MOVED NOWHERE with the cases.

The virus is a clear impediment to the healthy functioning of ANY organization, but I find it hard to believe that nothing was done in the four months before the pandemic started, or at least some minimal processing during the pandemic.

If these numbers are wrong, what's the point of keeping them on the website? It is misleading information. That being said, if the numbers are not reported correctly, is it right to limit people from submitting "outside of normal processing times" because they haven't waited enough?

When I see these numbers growing every couple of months, I feel like somebody keeps telling me "You have not waited enough! Wait for more".

Fun fact is that when early 2019 applicants applied, the waiting time forecasted was from 10-14 months tops to my memory. Another idea here is that 32 months is not far from 36 months which is THREE years. Waiting for adjudication for almost three years is an unprecedented case.

Last edited by Jasmine22; 09-25-2020, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post
                  Guys,

A fun or not so fun fact to mention here.. Almost one year ago, back in November 2019 to be more exact, I have posted a comment on the forum that they are "currently working on cases as of February 2018".

Almost a year passed and if you look on the website it still says that they are currently working on cases as of February 2018. Based on the information, ONE YEAR passed and they MOVED NOWHERE with the cases.

The virus is a clear impediment to the healthy functioning of ANY organization, but I find it hard to believe that nothing was done in the four months before the pandemic started, or at least some minimal processing during the pandemic.

If these numbers are wrong, what's the point of keeping them on the website? It is misleading information. That being said, if the numbers are not reported correctly, is it right to limit people from submitting "outside of normal processing times" because they haven't waited enough?

When I see these numbers growing every couple of months, I feel like somebody keeps telling me "You have not waited enough! Wait for more".

Fun fact is that when early 2019 applicants applied, the waiting time forecasted was from 10-14 months tops to my memory. Another idea here is that 32 months is not far from 36 months which is THREE years. Waiting for adjudication for almost three years is an unprecedented case.
                  On top of that if the case will take more than 2 years we are responsible to pay for another medical . That is insane. And its not that they are not working. They have been working constantly on other cases just not i485z i know its just all political . But its wasting our time

Comment

• Hello everyone! I am also in same boat. My asylum based i485 is pending since 2018. I applied on march 2018 and it was transferred to texas service center on august 2018. Since there is no exact timefrace for GC approval, I am planning to apply for I-131, Application for Travel Document but I need your suggestions.
                    While filing the form I-131 there is a question <attached below> which option should i have to chose?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	827
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	743780

Comment

• Was talking to my friend. She said her lawyer called her and said “you have to do biometrics tomorrow” my friend was surprised because she didn’t get any notice which she should have had to get 2 weeks before appointment. She said she got appointment notification 1,5 week after she did biometrics...wow....

Comment

• Hi everyone, I have a question. Can asylee sponsor his parent in law to US (after got green card) ?. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by nanana View Post
                          Hi everyone, I have a question. Can asylee sponsor his parent in law to US (after got green card) ?. Thanks
                          "To petition for your parents (mother or father) to live in the United States as Green Card holders, you must be a U.S. citizen and at least 21 years old. Green Card holders (permanent residents) may not petition to bring parents to live permanently in the United States."

Source: USCIS official website

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAnonymous View Post
                            I have received my request for evidence mail from uscis, they have requested for birth certificate. I'm so happy that it really isn't anything too complicated. I'll continue to keep you all posted.
                            Do you mind sharing what state are you in?

Comment

• Originally posted by himal8520 View Post
                              Hello everyone! I am also in same boat. My asylum based i485 is pending since 2018. I applied on march 2018 and it was transferred to texas service center on august 2018. Since there is no exact timefrace for GC approval, I am planning to apply for I-131, Application for Travel Document but I need your suggestions.
                              While filing the form I-131 there is a question <attached below> which option should i have to chose?

Choose >> 1.b

Comment

• Originally posted by himal8520 View Post
                                Hello everyone! I am also in same boat. My asylum based i485 is pending since 2018. I applied on march 2018 and it was transferred to texas service center on august 2018. Since there is no exact timefrace for GC approval, I am planning to apply for I-131, Application for Travel Document but I need your suggestions.

I think your GC is very close. Because inquiry receipt date is Feb 2X 2018, and your filing date is March, 2018. When the date is due, you could file inquiry. It will be definitely speed up your case.
                                Possibly will give you decision in 60 days.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X