Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zolandy View Post
    Green card is on hand! Good luck everyone. Here is my timeline for I-485 at TCS total of ~ 30 months.
    • 10/06/2020
      We mailed your new card your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, directly to the address you gave us.
    • 10/06/2020
      We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
    • 10/02/2020
      We ordered your new card.
    • 08/18/2020
      We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
    • 08/03/2020
      We sent a request for additional evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
    • 02/26/2020
      The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
    • 04/25/2018 Application received by TSC.
    Congratulations. What's the issue date u got on greencard? Day,month,year.
    Last edited by Shuvo; 10-12-2020, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post
      How is it even possible for someone to wait 10+ months to renew a Travel Document at TSC??

I filed two “outside processing times” requests. Have been asked to wait for 60 days for the first time. Now, they are asking for another month... this is unbelievable!

P.S: I’m not even mentioning the I-485 application pended for almost two years..
      hope to get it approved as late as it could as no one is travelling outside the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post

OMG. that is crazy but I’m not surprised.

Sometimes I think that people who work at USCIS truly hate all immigrants. I hope this election will help us all.
        Unfortunately No. When the election years, it might be slower than common years.
        For asylum, it is said lower approval rate during election years.

Comment

• Hello All,
          It is time for me to apply for Green Card on Asylum based.
          Should I fill out ONE form i-485 for whole family or should be a form for each one in the family (we are family of 4)?
          Thanks!

Comment

• Hello, what does it means if the case number stars with LIN

Comment

• Originally posted by xsarag View Post
              Hello, what does it means if the case number stars with LIN
              That means your case is at Nebraska Service Center and they are processing itl

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy20 View Post
                Hello All,
                Should I fill out ONE form i-485 for whole family or should be a form for each one in the family (we are family of 4)?
                Thanks!
                As per my knowledge, Every member should have their own I-485 member. I guess it would be better to do with legal advisor(attorney) on your side as the current administration policies is trying to reject the form even for a small reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy20 View Post
                  Hello All,
                  Thanks!
                  Each I-485 is only for one person. So yes you need to file one for each family members.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidane View Post
                    Hey guys! I applied for I-765 and I-131 (Work Permit and Travel Document respectively) about 4 weeks ago, and I haven't received any I-797C yet. I didn't pay anything since I sitll have pending I-485, from October 2018. Is it currently normal to take that long to get a reply? How may I know if they actually received it? As per USPS track, the packages were delivered on time at USCIS facility. Usually it takes 2 weeks to get a Notice of Action, no matter what it says.
                    Guys! An update for this:
                    I already got both receipts for I-765 adn I-131, they accepted my $0.00 fee since I'm sitill waiting for my I-485 (TSC). It took them 1 month to get the receipts.
                    Something weird is that both new cases were assigned to LIN (NSC) even though my pending I-485 is assigned in Texas.
                    I'll keep you posted to see if it moves forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidane View Post

Guys! An update for this:
                      I already got both receipts for I-765 adn I-131, they accepted my $0.00 fee since I'm sitill waiting for my I-485 (TSC). It took them 1 month to get the receipts.
                      Something weird is that both new cases were assigned to LIN (NSC) even though my pending I-485 is assigned in Texas.
                      I'll keep you posted to see if it moves forward.
                      OMG one month !!! When is the priority date they gave you?! Is it close to date package was delivered? Or close to now that you received recipient?

thanks for sharing !

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

That means your case is at Nebraska Service Center and they are processing itl

thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by KamlamLA View Post
                          Hi can someone help, I mailed my I485 to Phoenix lock box last week. I received the message from USCIS said that they received my case, case number start with MSC. I am so confused about that. Because I read a lot posts and search online. There is no same case as me. Anyone here can explain why my case is in MSC. Appreciate your help.
                          Same here. My I-485 delivered in Phoenix lockbox and I just received a text of receipt number starts with MSC this early morning after 3 weeks since the delivery. I live in California.
                          Last edited by asylumvn; 10-14-2020, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

OMG one month !!! When is the priority date they gave you?! Is it close to date package was delivered? Or close to now that you received recipient?

thanks for sharing !
                            Fortunately, the priority date is in September so I can count that month for the time processing.

Guys! The Inquiry Date has move forward. Now is on May 30th 2018.
                            I know this doesn't tell us anything new, but it could help those that want to make a Case Inquiry.

Comment

• Originally posted by asylumvn View Post

Same here. My I-485 delivered in Phoenix lockbox and I just received a text of receipt number starts with MSC this early morning after 3 weeks since the delivery. I live in California.
                              Thanks god! I am not alone, I will keep update my timeline here.

Comment

• Originally posted by asylumvn View Post

I got the paper receipt yesterday and said that you don’t need to have biometric fingerprint unless Uscis require. I talked to a Uscis representative 3 days ago and they said my case in the correct processing center, the estimate time is 6 months.So, hope we can get the approved notice in 6 months.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X