Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flando View Post

It is completely NOT TRUE

According to BIA and 4th circuit court, you CAN definitely travel with your country's passport without negative consequences.

"As the Fourth Circuit noted, an asylee who adjusts status under section 209(b) obtains significant benefits, including “a direct path to naturalized citizenship,” a better chance for his or her family to obtain lawful permanent residence, and “the right to travel outside of the United States without the advance permission of a refugee travel document.”

This is from BIA decision Matter of N-A-I-.

BIA's decisions are binding for USCIS. It is simply untrue that USCIS can deny or harness you in your naturalization simply because you traveled using your country's passport AFTER you got your green card. Note you should not travel with the passport BEFORE you adjust your status.
    That is correct. I know several people who have travelled with their NP all the time even travelling to the COP and have not seen one person gotten into trouble and most of them are citizens now and they did not had any problems during their Naturalization

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post
      Hey Congratulations!
      Can you please share which service center was your case in?
      Hey thanks. its in Texas service center.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shuvo View Post
        The Wait is Over !!!! Thank God.
        I485 application received - December 31,2018
        Rfe received - September 02, 2020
        new card being produced - October 20, 2020.
        Texas Service Center.
        Good Luck guys!!!
        Congrats!!!

I am really happy for you...

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Congrats!!!

I am really happy for you...
          Thank you very much.

Comment

Thank you very much.
            What state do you live ? I believe you are not in NYC?

Comment

Texas Service Center.
              Good Luck guys!!!
              YAY CONGRATS! I am happy for you!

Comment

• I wonder when that day gonna come when we update the status "FINALLY"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post
                  I wonder when that day gonna come when we update the status "FINALLY"
                  Hahahaha i can feel the pain, this is exactly i wonder all the time sahil trust me.

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post

It is completely NOT TRUE

According to BIA and 4th circuit court, you CAN definitely travel with your country's passport without negative consequences.

"As the Fourth Circuit noted, an asylee who adjusts status under section 209(b) obtains significant benefits, including “a direct path to naturalized citizenship,” a better chance for his or her family to obtain lawful permanent residence, and “the right to travel outside of the United States without the advance permission of a refugee travel document.”

This is from BIA decision Matter of N-A-I-.

BIA's decisions are binding for USCIS. It is simply untrue that USCIS can deny or harness you in your naturalization simply because you traveled using your country's passport AFTER you got your green card. Note you should not travel with the passport BEFORE you adjust your status.

There's a reason USCIS provides Refugee Travel Document to Green Holders that obtained GC through asylum. If using home country passport was ok, they wouldn't do that.

I think everyone has their own opinion here, it depends if you are willing to take risk of being questioned later or not.

But for sure, using home country passport means you are receiving a benefit from that country. However you want to justify that in future if you are questioned about it , is up to you!

I checked many lawyers website and I do see many contradictory answers. Some lawyers say it's ok for Asylum GC to use their passport but some lawyers say no do not use home country passport .

I would take more conservative approach and won't use my home country passport, because this is era of crack down on immigration. I don't want to give government any excuse to question your credibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

There's a reason USCIS provides Refugee Travel Document to Green Holders that obtained GC through asylum. If using home country passport was ok, they wouldn't do that.

I think everyone has their own opinion here, it depends if you are willing to take risk of being questioned later or not.

But for sure, using home country passport means you are receiving a benefit from that country. However you want to justify that in future if you are questioned about it , is up to you!

I checked many lawyers website and I do see many contradictory answers. Some lawyers say it's ok for Asylum GC to use their passport but some lawyers say no do not use home country passport .

I would take more conservative approach and won't use my home country passport, because this is era of crack down on immigration. I don't want to give government any excuse to question your credibility.
                      I tottaly agree with you ????

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

I agree with you. If you are scared from your government then you applied for asylum in usa. After get a green card you use your country passport. They might think you lie to claim asylum in usa. So that you will get in trouble.

Comment

Texas Service Center.
                          Good Luck guys!!!
                          Congratulations! Very glad to hear that.
                          This case indicates that TSC is very slow. They just complete cases in Q2-Q3 2018.
                          Understand the mood of waiting GC after filing I485.
                          Often refresh Case Tracker app but no update.
                          I guess this app update every 2-3 days. someone got update on yesterday but update time shows on 16 oct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post

What state do you live ? I believe you are not in NYC?
                            NEWYORK state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post

YAY CONGRATS! I am happy for you!
                              Thanks alot. Waited six years overall. Finally paid off.

Comment

Texas Service Center.
                                Good Luck guys!!!
                                Hi they approved it one and half month after they received RFE . I mean rfe receive date is sep 2 or October 2 ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X