Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asylumvn View Post

Thank you. Would it help me with my case? I am able to submit my request, that means my case is actually outside of normal processing time right?
    Honestly, it means nothing. You could get a frame time for a resolution, or a generic answer, or even a date of completion. However, you still have to wait for the letter to see what's on it.

In my personal experience, I have filled the e-request "outside of normal processing times" about 4 times in the last 2 years. I have told there isn't an estimated time for resolution, my case needed extended review, etc etc etc. And still nothing. I'm pending since Sep 2018 at TSC. The last time I spoke with an agent (about 1 month ago), they told me my case was transferred to a local USCIS office in my city for an interview.

The way you can fill an e-request is by submitting your case as "Refugee" or "Other Application", no matters your service center.

Comment

Thank you. Would it help me with my case? I am able to submit my request, that means my case is actually outside of normal processing time right?
      It depends. Generally speaking it won’t help your case.

There are some cases where let’s say they drop the ball and ur case file is left unnoticed it might help. Or the officer is nice enough to take a look. Otherwise no real help.

Their site has glitches some times so it does not mean your case of outside processing times. You should check against the processing times upper bound as posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

I got the response from USCIS saying

Your case is currently in line for processing and adjudication. We generally process cases in the order that we receive them.

I don't know what they are doing, I don't see any I485 progress or update on Texas Service Center.

It should have same process across country for all the USCIS Service Center. Why Nebraska Service Center is so fast and different from Texas Service Center?

God know exactly what's going on and when we get our green card. Please help us all GOD!!!
        Nebraska center is slow as fk now. applied aug 2020, fingerprints were taken on feb 2021, still no updates. almost 9 month passed

Comment

I just submitted the request of outside processing normal time because the live chat agent told me so. The system said I will expect a reply by May 28, 2021.

Does anybody know how will they reply to me? Will they send a letter, give me a call or send me an email? Thank you.
          through the email that you provided

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

According to my lawyer, whenever we make the address change (jurisdiction) the file won't move easily even if it is moved, it will put in the backlog or worst case scenario it will be lost (I hope it doesn't happen for you)

I didn't mean to disappoint you Lucky_ below are just assumptions (**I hope its not true **)

Especially at TSC now a days, everything is going into the backlog by the time they touch your file (2+ year) and sends your application to NSC (6+ months) and process it in (6+ months).
            You are looking around 3+ years to process your application and get decision.

In the worst case scenario, if your file is lost then you have to refile it again which I have never seen but heard of.

Its always best not to change the address after filing the application unless it is unavoidable

Good Luck!
            Changing your address with a case been handled by a services center does not change anything about your file, uscis even move some file to other service center without considering the owner address, these are done to relief other services center of their workload.The change of address will only have effect on your field office and field office does not handle i485 base on asylum, you can only be sent their for an interview. The service center have the final say on your i485 base on asylum.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirkkk View Post

Nebraska center is slow as fk now. applied aug 2020, fingerprints were taken on feb 2021, still no updates. almost 9 month passed
              There is people are waiting from 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by al3moudi View Post

May 2019 filer. Also now have to pay for medical again

Comment

• Is there any solution for backlog at TSC expecially for i-485 application ??? Or we have to wait and doing nothing.

if anybody has a solution, please let me know

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post

May 2019 filer. Also now have to pay for medical again
                    Did you mail the medical file with form i485 when you first apply? And why you have to send it again ? I don’t get it

Comment

• I have a valid refugee travel document but now I want to apply for a reentry permit. Do I need to attach my RTD to the apllication for a reentry permit? My RTD expires in 5 months and I need to travel next month. I am afraid if I apply for a reentry permit now, I will have to attach my RTD with my application and left without anything to travel with. But if I don't have to attach it, then I can apply for a reentry now since USCIS takes several months to process I-131 applications. Please advise.

Comment

Because it expires after 2 years.

Comment

Did you mail the medical file with form i485 when you first apply? And why you have to send it again ? I don’t get it
                          Yes i did send the medicala long with my package. But now whenever they process it my old medical will be expired and they are gonna send me an RFE to send the medical again.

Note: the medical is only valid for 2 years.

Comment

• I was reading about the form I-693 and its expiration of 2 years, but something I don't understand is, does it expires even if is USCIS responsibility? I submitted mine over 25 months ago with my I-485. Does this mean I will have to submit it again when they decide to look at my case?
                            It makes no sense that because of them and their backlog I am going to have to pay a ton of money AGAIN. What is the whole point of doing everything correctly if you just scr*wed over and over.

Comment

• I applied for a refugee travel document and received it while my I-485 application was still pending. Now I received my Green Card and my RTD is still unexpired. I was told that the I-485 approval renders the RTD invalid since the status has changed from Asylee to Permanent Resident. Is this correct? I am planning to travel next month and all I have to travel with is my RTD. Anybody used RTD to travel with after their Green Card had been approved?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe1203 View Post
                                I applied for a refugee travel document and received it while my I-485 application was still pending. Now I received my Green Card and my RTD is still unexpired. I was told that the I-485 approval renders the RTD invalid since the status has changed from Asylee to Permanent Resident. Is this correct? I am planning to travel next month and all I have to travel with is my RTD. Anybody used RTD to travel with after their Green Card had been approved?
                                When did you apply for rtd and i485? And what service Center? I think the best idea to do is to ask your attorney about it

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X